Thread: Marble Quary R V Park, Columbia, Ca

Marble Quary R V Park, Columbia, Ca

This week I rode up SR-49 and ended up staying in a little town just north of Sonora, Columbia, Ca. There A restored and continuing restoral of the old town Columbia is a intertesting place to visit. More so on the weekends but a nice little place to walk about.
    I ended up staying at the Marble Quary R.V Park about 1/4 mile down the road.
    A older camp with a large percentage of space for RV's they also have 10 tent sites. There is a nice area in the center of the RV park that has a small office/store, laundry and sitting room. A pool and very nice restrooms with showers. There is also a small rec room type place tha the people in the campground use.

It appears they don't get much in the way of tent campers becuase the tent area needs some work. The picnic tables are pretty old and worn. There are no fire rings or grills.. THERE IS HOWEVER electic and water at each tent campsite.
    The Camp was quiet in the evenings.
    The property the campground is on was once a Marble Quary and you can walk up to where they cut the stone from them rock on the property.
    The staff was pretty friendly.

All in all for my one night stay, I'd rate this place a B which could pretty easily go to a A- with the addition of a grill or firering and an A with some new tables.

http://www.marblequarry.com/

I would stay there again.

Re: Marble Quary R V Park, Columbia, Ca

We've stayed there on several occasions. I think if you ask at the office, they will bring you fire ring.

Re: Marble Quary R V Park, Columbia, Ca

Your link is for a "Nursing Content For Nursing People" page...not a link to the campground....

Might this be the CG:
    http://www.marblequarryrvpark.com/
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 65,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720