Thread: R.I.P. Dale Walksler

R.I.P. Dale Walksler

Dale Walksler, owner of ' Wheels Through Time Museum' in Maggie Valley N.C. passed away on Feb. 3 after a four year battle with cancer. ... He was 68.
    I had the pleasure of meeting Dale while touring his wonderful motorcycle museum, about ten years ago.
    Great guy to chat with about those old motorcycles. He knew so much ... He'll be missed by many ....

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Re: R.I.P. Dale Walksler

2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

He was a special character and will be profoundly missed. May his son continue in his place.
    Four of us rode to the museum, he greeted us on the porch to demonstrate starting a Henderson four by pulling on the back wheel to start it on the centerstand. A little later, he approached us in the museum, pulled a restored Crocker v-twin off it's sidestand, kicked it to life, and laid rubber for twenty feet down the museums wooden floor (going quite fast) turned the corner at the far wall and rode equally fast and loud down the next aisle to return to where we were standing in amazement! And then, later, he showed around the workshop where they rebuild the bikes on display. It was a wonderful day and Dale will always be remembered. If you haven't seen wheels through time, I recommend a visit.
    1979 Wil-mac trike..."Wilma", '83 goldwing Aspencade
    Teardrop cargo trailer, 04 LL "cycle" model, 08 FXSTC, '76 cb550f

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

He was a great guy, gone way too soon...
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

I met him when visiting “Wheels Through Time”. We had a mutual friend that is a motorcycle dealer
    back in St. Louis. It was fun seeing him start various bikes to prove they still ran. He’d even ride’em
    around the museum. Sure hope the museum continues in his absence.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Ol' Dale was a friend of mine. Back in the early '80s I worked the parts counter for him at the HD shop in Mt. Vernon. I remember the day that Dales' son, Matt was born. Dale was at the shop when he got the call from his wife Lesley, that it was time. So out the door Dale went! A few hours later here comes Dale back to the shop grinning from ear to ear passin' out cigars. He was one proud dad!!!
    Dale, is the person that really got me interested in antique/vintage motorcycles. His enthusiasm for those old bikes was vast. I didn't get to see Dale much after he moved his museum operation from Mt. Vernon to Maggie Valley but, when I did he always treated me like a long lost brother. Each time there, he would want to show me his "latest" old motorcycle find. I will miss Dale but, he will live on in all of the videos and publications that featured him and his passion.
    This photo was taken in 2012, last time I got the chance to make it down to Maggie Valley to visit with Dale.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzzzz1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	24017

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Been there a few times in Maggie Valley. Anybody remember that giant bike he had out front, must have been six or seven feet tall. Have a picture of the better half sitting on it somewhere.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA