Thread: 2021 cowan gap camp in

(Threadstarter)

Re: 2021 cowan gap camp in

i sure hope you do make it.it's building up to be a good one
    turtle
    TURTLE

(Threadstarter)

not any action on cowans gap camp out.who's coming?LETS HEAR IT.I WILL BE THERE.AND CAMPING ALSO.
    TURTLE

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    not any action on cowans gap camp out.who's coming?LETS HEAR IT.I WILL BE THERE.AND CAMPING ALSO.
    TURTLE
    Cindy & I will be there (or at least plan on it). We're by Denny (26), Tommy (24) and the old guy on 21...

Haven't heard anything from Ken or Ronda. Probably too far for them to ride. Kerry probably isn't out of bed yet. Did Jim go last year?
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

From their web page....

Masks are required to be worn:

In park offices and visitor centers,
    In any other indoor public space,
    During outdoor educational programs,
    Masks are recommended throughout the park when you are unable to adequately social distance.

Looks like you need one to check in but then you can leave it on the bike...

Site Supporter

Dave:
    I don't think I will make it this year. I am scheduled to have a heart operation in mid May and I don't think the Dr. is going to let me go that far, especially on a bike, afterwards. I have to undergo more tests in two weeks and final tests the first week of May. The operation is scheduled for the 15th of May and recovery is going to be at least three to four weeks. BUT, my recovery schedule may not be the same as the doctors! I am hoping I am going to be on the bike after a week and at least ride it around town, to get back into the saddle. I don't want to lose the whole riding season.

Jim
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Sorry you won't be joining us JC, I hope the recovery goes well and quickly.
    Bluetick, at 6:44 I'm usually rolling over to actually get some sleep! But I'm up now and returned from the land of winter riding. My site will be #18 from Thurs. through Sun. Now I have to start my good weather chants and decide which bike to ride. Looking forward to another great campout, see you there.
    1979 Wil-mac trike..."Wilma", '83 goldwing Aspencade
    Teardrop cargo trailer, 04 LL "cycle" model, 08 FXSTC, '76 cb550f

Jim, Good luck with that, I didn't know you even had a heart.... Seriously, hope it all works out. Don't push yourself to get back on the bike too soon and screw yourself up.

Kerry, Probably getting up to pee and back to bed.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Dave:
    I don't think I will make it this year. I am scheduled to have a heart operation in mid May and I don't think the Dr. is going to let me go that far, especially on a bike, afterwards. I have to undergo more tests in two weeks and final tests the first week of May. The operation is scheduled for the 15th of May and recovery is going to be at least three to four weeks. BUT, my recovery schedule may not be the same as the doctors! I am hoping I am going to be on the bike after a week and at least ride it around town, to get back into the saddle. I don't want to lose the whole riding season.

Jim
    i will miss you but go slow with your recovery .you can do it,that is be back on your bike in a week. I did it last July after my aorta dissection.But i did listen to the doc and do not lift over 35 lbs.my aorta can burst open if i do and that means a quick death.
    TURTLE

Site Supporter

Luray:

You are lucky you have a 35 lb restriction. After my operation I will have a 10 lb. restriction, and for the first 5 days, 3 lbs. Thank goodness I can still lift a 16 ouncer! The one thing I am concerned about is I may have to have a defibrillator installed in my shoulder area. The two testing sessions will determine what happens during the heart operation. I have four problems that need to be addressed during testing: Leaking valves, heart failure, Afib, supraventricular tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia. Afib and svt and vt are basically electrical problems and the leaky valves can be replaced and the heart failure can be helped by drugs but not corrected. The problem is what can be done first, and in what order. I will know more in mid May.

Dave: The operation is to look for my heart. I know it's in there somewhere, just not sure where! Me and the Tinman have a common problem!

Jim

I reserved site 31,see ya'll there