Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americade 2021

Americade 2021

It looks like the traditional dates for the Americade event have been changed this year due to Covid-19. The new announced dates are:

Event: Americade 2021
    Dates: 09/21/2021 to 09/25/2021

The event has traditionally been held during the first full week in June.
    Since this change was just announced yesterday, you can easily find a site at the Lake George Battleground campground if you enjoy camping. This campground is very convenient to the event.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Re: Americade 2021

could be cold and rainy that time of year in upstate NY
    2012 goldwing
    2012 timeout xl1800
    2017 africa twin

Talked to a few people about going this year but after the mess last year I think I'll pass. Maybe make a day trip up.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Talked to a few people about going this year but after the mess last year I think I'll pass. Maybe make a day trip up.
    What was the mess that happened last year?
    I've never been to Americade, but it's a possibility I might be able to get there this year, so I'm curious.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

We had all our camping reservations made for June. We have trips planned for Tennessee in Sept. Would have been nice if they notified everyone before January about the changes.
    The weather is bad enough in June. Probably worse in late Sept. Plus nothing about what events are going to be held. I doubt very much that many vendors will show up. They already have their schedules set.
    I sure hope they do something about the Friday night festivities. Two years ago the town was nothing but a drunk fest. Ruined the entire day.
    2012 GL1800 Pearl white
    2005 Bunkhouse LX
    AMA life member

I use to go a long time ago was fun I haven’t gone since but to only go to vendors to buy something place is crazy and yes lots of drunks getting more like sturgis or Florida also it could be nice but mostly it will be cold and rainy I live 2 hrs from the place it could snow also if it’s cold enough

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    What was the mess that happened last year?
    I've never been to Americade, but it's a possibility I might be able to get there this year, so I'm curious.
    A couple of us planned on going together, got reservations at camp ground. Then they changed dates so we had to cancel reservations, tried to get new ones but they were booked up where we were going to stay so looked around for new place and then they canceled the event...
    This year I'm waiting until a couple weeks prior and then calling around for reservations "IF" we go. If we have to stay an hour away, that's OK. Might just make it a day trip and back...

There are a lot of different events in that area at the end of Sept. We had our reservations made and our campground actually called us and asked it we wanted them to hold our spot for Sept. since they were filling up fast. We already had other plans and reservations made for that time so we told them to cancel.
    We had been attending Americade for 28 years. The last 4 or 5 years were disappointing. Attendance had dropped dramatically. Vendors were leaving because of the set up fees. It is not a motorcycle only event anymore. It's open to anyone showing up. Bill Dutcher handed the whole thing over to his son. Now it's nothing but a money making enterprise.
    Sad to say, but I think it's on it's way out.

Bukwas
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
    There are a lot of different events in that area at the end of Sept.
    Yep! The Adirondack Balloon Festival is one of them.

https://www.adirondackballoonfest.org/

Do you really attend this or other events because of the vendors? Personally, whether attendance is increasing or decreasing doesn't make any difference to me. The event is just another reason to get together with friends and the riding in that area is awesome. I attend lots of different events, and the vendors doesn't even come into play whether I attend or not. Besides it's usually the same vendors/stuff/junk at every event anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Yep! The Adirondack Balloon Festival is one of them.

https://www.adirondackballoonfest.org/

Do you really attend this or other events because of the vendors? Personally, whether attendance is increasing or decreasing doesn't make any difference to me. The event is just another reason to get together with friends and the riding in that area is awesome. I attend lots of different events, and the vendors doesn't even come into play whether I attend or not. Besides it's usually the same vendors/stuff/junk at every event anyways.
    I don't go just for the vendors. In fact the last few years I didn't buy anything. I also go mostly to enjoy old friends. Last time up there I didn't even register for Americade. I've been going for 28 years in a row. My biggest complaint is the fact that the event changed drastically. Now the town is open to anyone. 2019 was nothing but a drunk festival. Even the local police were ignoring the problems.