A couple of days ago I received my latest edition (Jan. 2021) of American Motorcyclist magazine in the mail. While thumbing thru the various articles I came across an article titled "Veterans Get Free Access To National Lands". It was a rather short in length with not much info. Only 3 paragraphs in all but, it did contain a link to the National Parks Service for more info. After going to the website, I found all kinds of great info about this program for veterans and gold star families.
Here is an excerpt from the website:
"Beginning on Veterans Day, November 11, 2020, Gold Star Families and U.S. military veterans receive free access to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges and forests. The free access program is a way to thank America’s veterans and Gold Star families for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters."

I hope you folks that are veterans get a chance to use this. Thank you for your service!!! Roger

Here is the link to the National Parks Service for more info:
https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/ve...ree-access.htm