Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else is tired of this Lock Down

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: Who else is tired of this Lock Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    I am with Steve: I will wear a mask and distance as appropriate because I am in the high risk category and old (75) and want to see 76. My wife just buried her 92 year old uncle due to Covid two days ago. And I have lost two close friends to Covid this year. I am becoming a hermit this winter and am looking forward to Spring.

Jim
    Jim I’m right with you being high risk and I will turn an old 60 next month. I lost a dear friend to this who was trying her best to keep from getting it. Sadly she worked in an environment where she was in close contact with co workers. Sorry if I sounded political earlier...
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

I have two granddaughters and a sister that are RNs that and work in a Chinese Virus environment...Granddaughters in Utah and sister here locally...I am concerned every day any of them go to work, but they dress appropriately when at work and after almost a year they have had no issues in spite of the large numbers of patient contact. The same thing I have noticed with the Walmart employees...chatting with a few of them I keep being told that they have practically a Zero infection rate...inspite of being in relatively close contact with A LOT of shoppers every day...I wear a mask, not because I feel it reduces my chances of infection, but just to keep others from finger pointing and creating issues...hate breathing my own "used" air already partially oxygen depleted...Rand Paul is a Doctor and has his own views on the mask thing....
    https://www.westernjournal.com/like-...estern-journal

All I know for certain is the Chinese are a shrewd lot, testing their "equipment" before using their "big" stuff....destroying our Country financially and socially...

(Threadstarter)

I don't want to admit it but I feel down some times.

I'm upbeat most of the time. But a year of this grinds on you...

Buttset

Site Supporter

I'm with you there Mike. I Too have challenges in the winter time with S A D D. Top it with this lock down and all the uncertainty of when and if life will get back to any kind of normal. Well, I have a lot of internal conversations to try to keep my head in the right place. Even with the possibility of a vaccine ( which like the flue shot I will probably oppt out) life is going to be a lot different going forward.

Steve, I understand completely. My entire family in Ohio, except my older brother who uses a mask and stays in a bubble, have now had COVID. That would be close to 30 people and it's because they did not wear a mask or quarantine. Of that we have lost two of the older members.

The good news, if there is any, seems to be folks with my close DNA seem to get/carry only the milder version. The two we have lost were in laws and not blood related.

I will get out and about once this cold weather breaks but I still won't socialize with people. I will get my camper out and do overnights or 2 nights as I can still limit my contact with people by doing that. I mean, I never heard of anyone catching covid at 70mph on a motorcycle...have you
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

I'd like to reply to this post but i don't really know what t0 write.very good posts from all of you.good reading.i could have died back in july but here i am'healthy as ever and looking forward to making it to 90 next year.back on my scoot and plan to ride it today at 40 degrees out.
    I was lucky to be born with good genes form both sides of my families .some of you maybe was not.my point is we go with what and who we are.each of us handle life in the way we see it and hope for the best.for me it has been good and to late to change.i have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.ihave a large family
    with 12 grands and 13 greats and so far no cases of the big v.we have been at home staying safe for our sake and our family.if it goes thru next year 'so be it.i plan
    to be there and do the good that i can. My hope is that we all can get some campouts i n,starting at cowan gap in may.see you there.god bless all of you.
    TURTLE

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I mean, I never heard of anyone catching covid at 70mph on a motorcycle...have you
    To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how people are catching Covid-19. Is it from something they inhaled and/or something they touched? I assume when you are traveling via motorcycle you need to stop for gas at some time. Maybe use the restroom. Maybe stop in the gas station convenience store. You need to pay for that gas and touch the pumps. Do you think those pumps are being disinfected? Unless you are living on a farm, people are going to be in contact with someone. It's up to each of us to decide what precautions to take and what risks are acceptable.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

The American ignorance of science is pretty depressing. Flat earthers, antivaccers, free energy, conspirators behind every tree, quackery medical cures, etc., etc. Then politicize science to make things even worse.

COVID is just a virus to be dealt with as any virus. Yea each one behaves differently in humans. It's not going to be the last as humans increasingly encroach in new areas where pathogens have lived for thousands of years but haven't come into contact with humans.

If you don't want to inhale virus particles from an infected person stay away from them, block the transfer of virus particles with a mask (the easiest) or a shield, or space suit, or what ever. If masks are bad then why do surgeons wear them. I wonder if anyone has ever told their surgeon right before surgery to keep their mask off? The virus doesn't appear to remain active on most surfaces for very long if at all but I'm still cautious.

Fortunately being retired during all the lockdowns, etc haven't directly affected us that much. Maggie rarely goes anywhere where large groups of people are since she is considered high risk due to her health issues. I've been to one to shop, etc.

Hopefully more campgrounds will be open come the camping season. We took our travel trailer out a couple times this last season. Camped on the motorcycle a few times, hope to get out more into the backwoods this year. And just be careful around people.
    Meach and Maggie
    05 vtx1300
    07 RS Venture (RIP 2016)
    09 DL 650 VSTROM

(Threadstarter)

Meach
    I told them at my Dr. office they should make a commercial where a person is going into
    surgery and a Dr. come over and looks down and tells the person. "Hey do you think I need
    to where this mask? You could get an infection and die, but I well take it off if you want me too." LOL

I found a key type tool, at Walmart, that you use to push the buttons, on gas pumps, ATM's. I do use Anti-bac
    wipes when I get back to the car. I wear a mask, all times. When I go in a cafe to get food to go,
    room full of no-mask people look at me like I am an Alien.

My son has been to my home once, this year, he wore a mask. We went to his house for an hour. Masked and
    opened presents. Friday.
    Life sucks and at 73 I hope to have a few more years. Our plan it to keep to ourselves.
    Wife and I will go fishing every day we can when spring, summer comes. That's our plan.
    I might just buy a new Pontoon, and finance it for 72 months. LOL LOL LOL
    Buttset

(Threadstarter)

Get my 2nd shot on Friday. Hope it helps me get out to fish more. LOL

Buttset