Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else is tired of this Lock Down

Who else is tired of this Lock Down

OK

I don't have that much time left to enjoy myself. Dec. 17th I was 73.

I thought this stuff would end in July. So much for me guessing.

Hope 2021 is better. Saw a guy who said no mask can't go in places.

He said in the future no shot ID card no Cafe no shopping.????

Merry Christmas to all MotoCamper people LOL

Re: Who else is tired of this Lock Down

I don't have that much time left to enjoy myself. Dec. 17th I was 73.

I don't have much time either; Feb 2021 = 79.

But with this pandemic thing I’ve learned 2 things.
    A motorcycle is a great machine for isolation. Everybody (hopefully) stays at least 6 ft. away.

AND

I am personally, well acquainted with everyone that sleeps in my Roll A Home!
    Fill
    ’08 GL 1800
    Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

I'm with you on this.

Really getting tired of this crap. We are back in a lockdown again after Christmas. This virus stuff seems to be getting worse instead of better.

I didn't get my Leesure Lite out at all this past summer, but I did get 7000 miles while isolating on my bike. I think next summer, I'll get out with the camper also, and stick to myself.

My problem is my daughter and her husband. They are "over the top" with this "sticking to your bubble". They don't like the thought that I get out and associate with anybody, because you don't know who they have been with.

--
    Gordon

Oh yeah, I have had all I can stand. It was not too bad until the weather interfered with my day rides but since then, lock down sucks! Come on spring and 2021 because 2020 sucked!
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Tired, and sick and tired.

Before I get started, I'd like to say that I've been blessed. I didn't lose my job (I retired late last year), and in spite of all, me and Mrs. Menhir are healthy and have been blessed recently, with a healthy granddaughter.

Now, having said that...

Earlier this year, especially when the pandemic began, a lot of places were locked up and closed by their own choice or by mandate. There was no place to go. Places and events were cancelled. Everybody was unsure. I get that.
    I stayed home.

However, the gubmint response has largely been ineffective and possibly more destructive, I believe, than helpful.
    Regardless, I still know people who have practically tucked themselves up themselves in fear. There is no level of damage to other people's lives that they find unacceptable if it makes them feel a tiny bit safer in their little corners.

I'm changing my plans for next year. Adapt and overcome.

I usually ride solo anyway, I usually like to ride to destinations that are decidedly less populated anyway, and I don't usually attend large rallies...anyway. There's no reason to lock myself indoors...
    And when I ride out, I'll wear the face mask and practice reasonable precautions for me and on behalf of my family and others, but I'm not going to be running stupid scared.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

If masks work, then why is the virus still spreading? If masks don't work, then why are we wearing them? I see 80-90% compliance everywhere I go and yet we're being told that businesses still need to be shut down. States like Michigan, California and New York have governors that think they have the right to dictate how their citizens go about their daily lives. Millions of people out of work while they haven't missed a single paycheck. If this is a test to see how far we can be pushed....... I'd say pretty damned far.

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    Tired, and sick and tired.

and have been blessed recently, with a healthy granddaughter.

I'll wear the face mask and practice reasonable precautions for me and on behalf of my family and others, but I'm not going to be running stupid scared.
    Ya, but your daughter and new granddaughter might have something to say about that.

That's what happened to me. I can't stay locked up. My daughter says if I go out of our "bubble" then you don't know who you have been around, so don't plan to come to visit.

oh well, hopefully things start to get better over the next 6 months.

--
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Ya, but your daughter and new granddaughter might have something to say about that.

That's what happened to me. I can't stay locked up. My daughter says if I go out of our "bubble" then you don't know who you have been around, so don't plan to come to visit.
    My daughter works in one of the designated Covid Research facilities. She's seen the worst of it and indeed, it can be a very devastating thing, especially to those who are most susceptible.
    Incidentally, my Son-In-Law is also a first responder and paramedic. They both deal with this stuff on a daily basis.

They have put themselves is a bubble of sorts too, at least as much as their jobs allow them. I don't blame them, especially with a newborn.

So, doing due diligence, Mrs. Menhir and I agreed to keep to ourselves a couple of weeks before we visit and, since they don't live in the same state as us, reasonably quarantine ourselves upon return. That's all they asked of us.
    Why not, right? Anyway, it's winter and we ain't doing much else.

oh well, hopefully things start to get better over the next 6 months.
    Indeed.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I’m sick of it as well, but it’s better than the alternative. I’m really sick of losing people I know due to stupidity. My Sister in law is a teacher and had to spend 14 days of her life in quarantine due to one of the lunchroom’s staff member’s political views. She claimed it was a hoax and against her rights to have to wear a mask when in public. She finally decided she likes the mask better than the ICU unit she was in. She had probably exposed 90% of the school with her ignorance. As long as there are those who don’t take this seriously, we will be the last country to get over it, sad to say. I’m lucky, we are retired and live out in the boonies. I still ride anytime I want, but I take precautions when I get off the bike and go in places I have to. I’ve been made fun of for wearing a mask in public but I stick to my same statement, I’m not going to risk my health or my family’s health to prove my loyalty to a politician that couldn’t care less.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Site Supporter

I am with Steve: I will wear a mask and distance as appropriate because I am in the high risk category and old (75) and want to see 76. My wife just buried her 92 year old uncle due to Covid two days ago. And I have lost two close friends to Covid this year. I am becoming a hermit this winter and am looking forward to Spring.

Jim
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.