Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAT Ride and Campground Review

Hey Guys,
    We rode the TN to OK sections of the TAT (Trans America Trail) last week. We’re a group of Old Geezers so we had a support rig run ahead each night to secure campgrounds. Having the support was the security some of the guys needed in order to go. Whatever gets us out there right? All in all, pretty easy sections. As of late May, there are a few roads out due to bridge construction, easy route arounds though.

CAMPGROUNDS:
    Hard to outline the prices as we had a big rig and multiple tents & hammocks on the same tab.
    Fairview CG Winchester TN, is always a great spot on the lake with plenty of grass and trees for tent/hammock. Clean bathhouse. Lots of kids though.
    Pickwick Dam CG Savannah TN, nice overlook of TN river. Clean bathhouse, great view, and breeze from the dam, plenty of grass and trees for tent/hammock.
    North Abutment CG Coffeeville MS, is another great spot on the water. A moderate amount of grass and trees.
    Riverfront Park Clarendon AR, is very quiet, and grassy on the White River. No facilities but it does have electricity and water. OMG, this is a gem hidden away.
    Hoss’ Hideaway CG Clinton AR, GREAT small family-run biz. Tell Lisa & Jeff WolfPackOne sent you. We were some of their first visitors and they were sooo accommodating. Electricity and water but no facilities “yet”. Plenty of trees but no grass area for tents yet. I did a promo video for them on their FB page. "Hoss' Hideout Campground".
    Byrd’s Adventure CG Ozark AR. BOO, run, run fast, don’t walk from this place. Rude staff. Electricity and water. Nice large bathhouse and plenty of trees. No, zero, zip, nada, zilch grass. Unless you set up in their "amphitheater" area and get yelled at.

Here’s some video I took. A tad long but hope ya’ll enjoy it.
    WP1

Jim & Tammie (Not the Bakers)
    2011 FLHTK & Lees-ure Lite
    2012 Vstrom & 2012 Frankenstrom, 2017 DRZ400
    YouTube Channel: WolfPackOne

Awesome video, thank you for sharing. Definitely looks like y’all had a great time!
    2016 BMW R1200RT
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    A Bad Day Riding Is Still Better Than A Good Day Working!

Comment

Well, I am no "Siskel and Ebert" but I think that was one fine video!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun even tho it appears you had a fair amount of rain on this TAT trip.
      Thanks for posting the write-up and video!!!!!
      Roger
      sigpic
      1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Comment

One heck of a video Jim! Thanks for sharing. Think these videos are your next calling. Mess of campouts in September hope to see you then!

Comment

Great video Jim! Thanks for posting it.
          sigpic
          Jeff
          2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Comment

Working...
          X