Arizona trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona trip

planning trip to Arizona around Quartsite, Middle of January, Want to ride the lower state of Az. Looking for points of interest. Will be camping in trailer, also have GW 1800. Thanks !

Re: Arizona trip

Originally posted by DirtyBird View Post
    planning trip to Arizona around Quartsite, Middle of January, Want to ride the lower state of Az. Looking for points of interest. Will be camping in trailer, also have GW 1800. Thanks !
    DirtyBird,
    Welcome to the site I moved your thread to the new Trip Planning Forum.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the site DirtyBird!
      Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

Hey, Dirty Bird, Welcome!

First trip to AZ and the extreme SW? There is some stuff to see, the biggest attraction is the weather. Another 2 weeks should be getting the highs up to 80º, just like Hawaii.

If you come down to Yuma, there is the Territorial Prison, the Imperial Sand Dunes, some others. If you want to ride SoCal twisities, the temps ought to be ok. Let me know what you have in mind.

Glad you are here!
        http://motorcyclebackroads.com/
        My Photo Page:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/tom.bigs

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site, DirtyBird. Enjoy.

Comment

Hey Big Tom, been playing in Ouartsite a few years, but with Quad playing in the dirt, Now want to ride bike around your area, no real destination, Just coming down to ride around ,Maybe salton sea area and so cal. will have acouple weeks to look around before we have to come back home.

Comment

Went to AZ for Arizona bike week there a couple years ago from WI. It was the first week in April. Watch out fr the mountains! It may be warm elsewhere, but it snows as you get up in elevation. It was colder going through NM getting to AZ than it was at home in WI that week! We hit some more nasty weather in NM on the way back too.

Otherwise, a fantastic place to go. Saw a lot of cool scenery.
              -- Jeff
              2014 H-D Limited
              2005 H-D Dyna Trike
              2008 Roll-A-Home Camper

Comment

Ride report?

I was down that way a couple weeks ago, did some dirt on both sides of the Colorado River. Fun trip. Warm enuff even in January.

Comment

If/when you get to Yuma,,,you might try going to Los Algodones, Mexico,,,(just off I-8,,,about 6-8 mi. into Cal.) it's an experience (margaritas are to die for and cheap too.). If you go to the Territorial Prison at Yuma, try to take in the old west reinactors, they put on pretty good shows. Lake Havasu---London Bridge. The Yuma Marine Corps Air Base has a air show sometime in Jan/Feb.
                  All of these can be googled for more info.

Comment

Working...
                  X