Rocky Mountain Roll - August 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Mountain Roll - August 2021

I'm riding up to Montana in August to attend the 3-day Rocky Mountain Roll campout hosted by Amanda Zito of As The Magpie Flies fame and I'm curious to find out if other members might also be going.

I'll be leaving from the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area and it'll be my longest trip to date. I don't have my return route planned yet. Although I'm eager to explore the Southwest on the way back, I'm cautious about the extreme heat there at that time of the year.

I welcome your feedback if you've attended this event before or have itinerary recommendations for that part of the country.

Happy trails, folks!
    2014 BMW R1200RT "My Bavarian Girlfriend", Mosko Moto Nomad tank bag, ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-person tent, Eureka! Silver City sleeping bag, Zoobelives Airlive2000 sleeping bag, Ozark Trail Backpacking Chair, Magellan Outdoors Ultralight Backpacking Stove, homemade table and stove shield

Re: Rocky Mountain Roll - August 2021

I'm not going but if it keeps up for a couple more years I plan on going in 2023. I figure we should be back to close to normal by then and the borders will be open. I'm in Newfoundland. I know they are sold out for this year. I'm planning a continental 4 corners in 2023 and heat in the US southwest is one of my considerations. i.e. do I do the trip in June/July or Aug/Sept. That will also affect me traveling clockwise or counter clockwise around the US and Canada.

Comment

Sure don't envy you leaving in Aug. I go to rocky gold in Mid Sept. pretty warm til you get out of Texas. Montana would be a nice ride too. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by jebcoac View Post

Sure don't envy you leaving in Aug. I go to rocky gold in Mid Sept. pretty warm til you get out of Texas. Montana would be a nice ride too. Enjoy.
        I go out to Rockies Gold in Sept. also and I always have one rather warm night in the MM between Florida and New Mexico then it turns cooler. Daytime heat is not a problem though.

Comment

Working...
        X