Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigBob
    replied
    On April 1st you will no longer have to have a covid test prior to entering Canada

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied
    The Canadian Border patrol reached an agreement with the government. The border did open up on August 9th

Leave a comment:

• Wheeldog
    replied
    It might get interesting......Canadian border guards are talking about going on strike Aug 6th.

https://mustreadalaska.com/alaska-li...-strike-aug-6/

Leave a comment:

• Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Derick View Post

Does Canada not recognize the J&J shot?
    From reading on the Canadian Government website, the four vaccines are recognized. Maderna, Pfizer, Atrazeneca and Johnson & Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Derick View Post

Does Canadia not recognize the J&J shot?
    I have not heard anything about whether the J&J one shot is accepted. I suppose if that is what you had, you should check further into it.

--
    Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Derick
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon View Post
    You must have had both shots of vaccine to come up here to Canada, and have a negative swab test within 72 hours of entry. With the Delta variant on the rise, it would not surprise me if they decide to keep the border closed. USA is not opening the border for us Canadians to come across till Aug 21st.

--
    Gordon
    Does Canadia not recognize the J&J shot?

Leave a comment:

• Gordon
    replied
    You must have had both shots of vaccine to come up here to Canada, and have a negative swab test within 72 hours of entry. With the Delta variant on the rise, it would not surprise me if they decide to keep the border closed. USA is not opening the border for us Canadians to come across till Aug 21st.

--
    Gordon

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied
    The border with Canada is set to open to fully vaccinated Americans on August 9th!

Leave a comment:

• Wheeldog
    replied
    Re: Riding to Alaska Info

Hopefully, they will be back on line. I have been reading how the small towns are especially hit hard. I have been trying to keep folks over on the MTF informed as to whats going on as some are /were planning to take the ferry to AK this summer. My advice so far is have a plan "B" in case things don't work out.

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied

@Wheeldog, Yup we are hoping there are some ferrys running this summer. We have places to go and roads to ride! We have not had a ferry running in northern SE since mid January. The small community's are really hurting for food. It's been hard for folks needing to come to town for medical appointments. Some of the places have large septic systems for the whole town that are pumped monthly then the pumper truck goes to Juneau, that has not happened since early January.

Leave a comment:

• Wheeldog
    replied

Hey Bob.....you figure the ferry will be running by this summer? They only had 1 ferry running and I see that one broke down. You guys on the ferry system keep up on this stuff better than us on the road system.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2020...randed-aboard/

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied

The Alaska Ferry has posted the summer schedule today.

Here is a link:
    http://dot.alaska.gov/amhs/

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied

Another update on the Alaska Ferry System. They are posting the summer schedule by the end of the month. The draft they posted for comments does show that they will again go to Prince Rupert BC

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied

An update on the Alaska Ferry System. The ferry system has stopped going to Prince Rupert BC so if you where thinking of going there to catch the ferry you need to change your plans.

Leave a comment:

• Ironheadziggy76
    replied

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
    The part of Dease Lake you see from the highway is just a quick oh wow I missed it. There is a road or two that go off to the west side of the highway where everyone lives, airport and such but the business area is what you saw in the highway.
    Camping there? I only stayed there once and it was in an RV, there was a free community campsite south of town on a river but there were fish in the river and bears all over, I would not put up my tent there. I think that RV site is about it. I prefer to camp at Bell2 It's at mile 155 from the south end of the Cassiar. They have a campground, nice bathrooms and lodge, cabins and dining room. If I am in my pup tent I get an RV site and use the power for my cpap.
    Thanks for that info Bob, we were thinking that there had to be more to Dease Lake than what we were seeing. It was raining buckets the whole time we were there and we just kept pushing down the road. We did get a decent pizza there at the local restaurant, and a good breakfast sandwich at the local grocery store when we gassed up before we left. I'll have to look up Bell2 and get it saved to the trip file.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X