X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayakinbiker
    replied
    Re: Hooking up

I think it would be a nice gesture to add this to the list of topics to remember Gary Gene by..awesome idea anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Big Bird
    replied

Originally posted by charlie b View Post
    Since most of us are ORFs then don't expect it will be a problem....but...in today's world of 20 somethings, the words 'hooking up' mean a lot more than just meeting someone, ie, it means they are engaged in various sexual activities.
    Well noted! I've been chuckling as I read this, thinking about my daughters rolling their eyes when their grandmother asks them about hooking up with A or B. Ha ha. Current usage.

This does sound like a good idea. If you really want to reach out and embrace more Motocampers, once the Hooking Up section of this board gets nailed, perhaps it would be wise to cross-post in some other places. I heard that Craigslist has a Casual Encounters section that might bring in some more motivated and willing partners.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied

I just saw this thread and think it's a great idea. Most of my traveling will be solo and it would be nice to meet as many members as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Dirtyairhead
    replied

The campground at the artic circle on the haul road in Alaska. On the summer solstice June 21st 2017. You won't need a flashlight.

Leave a comment:

• privateer
    replied

Originally posted by ncmedic View Post
    So it doesn't cool that much ?
    Not enough to justify hauling it around.

Leave a comment:

• dan1551
    replied

Originally posted by JacktheBagger View Post
    he's not schmart for bying a Harley , but he is veri schmart for getting a Road Glide
    "Even a blind squirrel gets An acorn once in a while."

Leave a comment:

• ncmedic
    replied

Originally posted by privateer View Post
    I have a/c but decided based on its performance in Helen GA for a week to delete it from my loadout. Despite being the smallest size/weight I've ever seen I can't justify the weight in the trailer.
    So it doesn't cool that much ?

Leave a comment:

• privateer
    replied

Originally posted by ncmedic View Post
    Privateer I'm curious, do you have a/c ? Its a bit warm here in NC in August.
    I have a/c but decided based on its performance in Helen GA for a week to delete it from my loadout. Despite being the smallest size/weight I've ever seen I can't justify the weight in the trailer.

Leave a comment:

• ncmedic
    replied

Privateer I'm curious, do you have a/c ? Its a bit warm here in NC in August.

Leave a comment:

• privateer
    replied

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Sherando Lake is one of my favorite spots but as luck would have it, I am already tied up both of those weekend
    Well, you can tell I hate it. LOL

Keep going back.......

Leave a comment:

• dkurfiss
    replied

Sherando Lake is one of my favorite spots but as luck would have it, I am already tied up both of those weekend

Leave a comment:

• privateer
    replied

Soldiers Grove Park, Ill 7/14-7/17
    Shernado Lake NF (VA) 7/26-7/31
    New River Campground, Sparta NC 8/18-8/21
    Suchess GA (Two Wheels) 9/5-9/11
    Huzzah Valley Resort MO (Spider Run) 9/16-9/18
    Bass River Resort MO (Motocampers) 9/23-9/25
    Shernado Lake NF VA 9/28-9/30
    Barber Raceway AL 10/6-10/10
    Then wintering in Florida after 1 more month of forest camping on the long way around to get there.

Leave a comment:

• beachbumd
    replied

Originally posted by moodygne View Post

Harley is my current bike. I have owned Yamaha, Honda, Kaw, Triumph, And other Harleys. In this forum, what you ride does not matter. My lack of education makes me not a smart man. That being said, I really like the new Harley.
    Gary

I like what they have done with the Harleys lately, at least the touring and baggers, but I think they need some better and brighter colors. That being said, if my VTX 1800 N ever dies on me I will be going to a Victory Magnum, I really like them and they fit me very well!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• mailman01
    replied

Is anyone still giving thoughts to something at Cumberland Gap in October? August will be here soon...

Leave a comment:

• mailman01
    replied

Originally posted by Schnauzer View Post

Now that's what I'm talking bout..
    We're heading out this weekend for Piney c/g Land between the Lakes. Then on to Cave city at Singing Hills. {I think that's right}
    Well that is the plan. Since all the rains here in Houston area, my drive has washed-out totally, I will have to fix it in order to get the camper out...lol. So arrival dates are in the air. But we are going..
    Never heard how your camping trip through Piney (LBL) and points east went....was it a success?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X