Camping VA - Westmoreland State Park 3/24 & 3/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping VA - Westmoreland State Park 3/24 & 3/25

I am going to do my first camping trip of the year on Thursday & Friday nigh 3/24 and 3/25 heading back home on Saturday AM 3/26. Going to Westmoreland State Park and you and your family are welcome to join in if you would like. I would be happy to have company. I am going to do some riding in the area, some bird watching, and some hiking with lots of campfires added in.

If you want to join me please post in this thread or PM me so I know who/how many to expect. I expect to arrive some time between lunch/dinner time on Thursday.

Here are a couple of links for you:

Weather: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USVA0821:1:US
    Park: http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-pa...al_information
    Fees with electric/water: 30.00 per night VA resident/35.00 out of state (there is also a park daily use fee) Good news is 2 years back when I was there they would let us set up 2 tents/small campers per site.
    LINK to review I did a number of years ago. I was down there last year but did not camp. Nothing appeared to have changed much. Expect peace and quiet as park is under used during the week and heavily used on the weekends.
    Deb
    sigpic
    2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Re: Camping VA - Westmoreland State Park 3/24 & 3/25

My birthday is 3/24. When setting around the fire, sing happy birthday to me.
    Gary
    sigpic
    Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Originally posted by moodygne View Post
      My birthday is 3/24. When setting around the fire, sing happy birthday to me.
      Gary
      We can do that!
      Deb
      sigpic
      2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
        we can do that!
        and have a piece of cake too.
        sigpic
        Darkside # 751

Comment

Trike and camper are packed and my kitchen pass is signed! Can't wait to get away for a couple of days. Cya went I get back
          Deb
          sigpic

Comment

Have a fun, safe trip Deb!
            Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
            Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
            "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
            sigpic

Comment

Have a nice trip. Enjoy the nature, and the camp fire.Click image for larger version

Name:	fire camp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	266017

Gary
              sigpic
              Darkside # 751

Comment

I am here but bandwidth is horrible. I will do a review of the campground when I get home. Somethings have changed
                Deb
                sigpic

Comment

I posted a review of Westmoreland in the VA park review area this morning but overall had a great time. Had a great time camping in Westmoreland and will be planning a trip to Chippokes State Park in Mid April I will post about a week in advance to see if any one wants to join me. Assuming weather is decent my plan right now is April 12 & 13 (Tues/Wed night). If you are interested contact me and we can work around dates/weather.
                  Deb
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X