Ohio Donut Trail - Input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Donut Trail - Input?

Thinking about doing THIS over the summer at some point.

Done a bit of planning on the route.

Way up would be via Rt 50 with an overnight stop at Oak Hill Camp in the Anthony Wayne National Forest. Then continue up to Hueston Woods Ohio State park for 2 nights. The Hueston park I would hit the various shops so I can get my t-shirt Day 4 would see me doing interstates home. It's about a 10 hour ride home from there.

Anyone ever spent much time in this area and have any input. Or, have you stayed at either of these campgrounds?
    Deb
    sigpic
    2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Re: Ohio Donut Trail - Input?

Deb didn't know about it but it would be great. Zipp

Comment

Originally posted by zipp View Post
      Deb didn't know about it but it would be great. Zipp
      And who just don't love donuts?
      Deb
      sigpic
      2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

If the box says Tim Hortons,,, Dusty left a trail

Comment

No Timmy's on this Donut trail
          Deb
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great trip Deb! I love donuts, one of my favorites donut shops, Dough Daddy's was featured in RoadRIDER magazine a while back. It's near Lexington KY, we used to stop in there every time we would pick up or drop off trucks in Richmond, KY. They had a huge selection, and an awesome cheese danish!
            Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

I doubt I will be eating many donuts as I do low carb but I can see a few donut holes in my future.
              Deb
              sigpic

Comment

This is going to be my route up. I will spend 1 night camping in Anthony Wayne NP then 2 nights at Hueston Woods Ohio SP. This should let me hit all the various Donut Shops to get my t-shirt. I just don't know when I can work it in over the summer since our schedule is full with vacations planned every month from May through September. I am going to try and shoot for a M-F thing when we are home so will post a couple of weeks before I head out in case anyone would like to join me along the way or meet up.

My ride home will be a 500+ mi. 10+ hour jaunt on interstates rather than wandering since time will be an issue for me.

If you have suggestions or perhaps different better routes within the time 5 days I have allotted please let me know.

ROUTE To Donut Ride Camp site.
                Deb
                sigpic

Comment

LIKE~~~LIKE~~~LIKE I would like to go, so please let me know.
                  Gary
                  sigpic
                  Darkside # 751
                  May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
                  2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Originally posted by moodygne View Post
                    LIKE~~~LIKE~~~LIKE I would like to go, so please let me know.
                    Gary
                    Will do
                    Deb
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
                      Thinking about doing THIS over the summer at some point.

Done a bit of planning on the route.

Way up would be via Rt 50 with an overnight stop at Oak Hill Camp in the Anthony Wayne National Forest. Then continue up to Hueston Woods Ohio State park for 2 nights. The Hueston park I would hit the various shops so I can get my t-shirt Day 4 would see me doing interstates home. It's about a 10 hour ride home from there.

Anyone ever spent much time in this area and have any input. Or, have you stayed at either of these campgrounds?
                      I live in the next-door county--Warren. I am very familiar with the area. In fact, I was reading about the Donut Trail in this morning's Cincinnati Enquirer. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ente...nuts/79707678/.

The riding in our area is wonderful. The Ohio River Valley has created lots of hills, valleys, winding tributary rivers, and roads that go along with that.

I need to check this out, but I should probably do it on the bicycle rather than the V-Strom.

Brent
                      D. Brent Miller, writer, photographer, and independent producer
                      www.DBrentMiller.com Publisher of Sojourn Chronicles
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ABS.
                      sigpic

Comment

Deb there is a quicker and better way to run your route if you are interested. Get on RT 50 and run it across WV to OH. Take a look at that. Call me if you want more info. Zipp

Comment

thanks Zipp. I thought I had it set to 50 but see it got pushed to 48. I will be running 50 all the way across. Decent road to ride although I have never done 48 but have done 50
                          Deb
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zipp View Post
                            Deb there is a quicker and better way to run your route if you are interested. Get on RT 50 and run it across WV to OH. Take a look at that. Call me if you want more info. Zipp
                            Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
                            thanks Zipp. I thought I had it set to 50 but see it got pushed to 48. I will be running 50 all the way across. Decent road to ride although I have never done 48 but have done 50
                            US 50 across WV and Ohio is wonderful. I have motorcycled across the nation on US 50 except for the portion east of DC. I travel US 50 regularly here in Ohio and Indiana. It's a great road and alternate route for an east-west ride. US 50 is the Main Street of America.

Brent
                            D. Brent Miller, writer, photographer, and independent producer
                            www.DBrentMiller.com Publisher of Sojourn Chronicles
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ABS.
                            sigpic

Comment

Let me know when you going to do this. I am 10 mi from 50 and 7. There is good place to eat and get fuel on 50-7 at Coolville. I can meet you there if you want to. Zipp

Comment

Working...
                              X