ST1300 Packed 1 up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST1300 Packed 1 up

Here are some pics from my first attempt at camping from a MC. On this trip I had 1 Cabelas Boundry Bag 1 small Outside supposed waterproof bag and 1 Large Outside Waterproof bag.

In the Cabelas bag I had my Sleeping Bag, Exped Synmat 9 LW sleeping pad and Exped Large Pillow

In the Small Outside Bag were my clothes

In the Large Outside bag was my tent, 2 tarps, Kermit Chair (wide Model) and leg extensions, tarps, 1 Swedish Milsurp mess kit, 1 sterno folding stove with Triangia Stove, Coleman Tent Fan, Radio Shack Radio, Grilliput Grill, Stainless steel Collander to use as a fire bowl for the grilliput, flashlights and lanterns, Extra Bungees, tent stakes, Gerber Camp shovel, Hatchet, KBar Knife 5 gal collapsible water jug, REI Collapsibel cooler, Camp Towel, Sea to Summit Kitchen Sink.

My left Saddlebag was loaded as it always is with tools, Jumper cables, cold weather gloves, extra Headlight bulbs, Frog Toggs, Self priming siphon, tie down loops, Nelson Riggs 1/2 cover,

Attached to the left side of the bag was my Camelback Hydration Bladder.

My right Saddlebag had my jacket liner, a couple of magazines and my dry food stuffs

Tank bag had my camera, Maps, and other small items

I attribute my first successful camping trip to the information I gathered here in the last couple of months. Most of the things I picked worked great. I will replace the small Outside bag with another Cabellas Boundry bag as my clothes did get a lil wet after riding thru a rainstorm on my way to Hatch, Ut and I found one should cover their water jug with a towel so the Ravens don't decide to drink your water thru the side of the jug. But other than that everything worked great
    Attached Files
    While Growing Old is Mandatory
    Growing Up is not only Optional but Unnecessary
    sigpic
    2006 ST1300A aka HABU

Re: ST1300 Packed 1 up

looks like a fun time . Like the stoves
    2018 Pearl White Goldwing Tour DCT
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

Comment

Good start, hope ya had fun.
      Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
      2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
      MOPH, American Legion, NRA
      IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
      sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
      sold 2005 Electra Glide
      sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
      sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
      sold 1970 Honda trail 70
      sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

When it was all said and done......how much of that stuff did you not use and what would you leave behind?
        "Four Wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul"............Ride Safe 09 F800GS
        www.justcallmewhosoever.blogspot.com
        sigpic

Comment

Well I never used the spare Jacket I brought along nor did I use the spare shoes. The Jacket I figure I could just use my Riding Jacket if necessary but I have found in the past a spare pair of dry shoes are worth the trouble. While I could probably pare down some of the stuff I am an old boy scout and like to be prepared so really not much of what I took would I be willing to leave behind
          sigpic
          2006 ST1300A aka HABU

Comment

I looked at your pictures, earlier...

I use the same bags (I only use the big one) and they stay dry, when sealed properly...

Looks to me like we have another member of the "Uncle Jed" school of packing. Hooray!! Long as it's all going the same direction when you stop, it's packed perfect!
            http://motorcyclebackroads.com/
            My Photo Page:
            http://picasaweb.google.com/tom.bigs

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
              While I could probably pare down some of the stuff I am an old boy scout and like to be prepared so really not much of what I took would I be willing to leave behind
              That'll change as you go along ...
              The more you camp, the more things you find you really didn't need, or you didn't use, that you've been hauling along, that just take up room.
              sigpic
              I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigTom View Post
                I looked at your pictures, earlier...

I use the same bags (I only use the big one) and they stay dry, when sealed properly...

Looks to me like we have another member of the "Uncle Jed" school of packing. Hooray!! Long as it's all going the same direction when you stop, it's packed perfect!
                I plan on still using the large one. It will have stop I would prefer to stay dry but if it gets a lil wet won't be a big deal. I have already ordered another Cabella's Boundry Bag to replace the small bag. I have been using one of these since around 2006 and have been thru Frog Stranglers without anything getting wet.. As for Packing that's why I picked the rack instead of the Top Box. You are only limited by imagination and the number of Straps/Bungees that you have
                sigpic
                2006 ST1300A aka HABU

Comment

Originally posted by G wizz View Post
                  That'll change as you go along ...
                  The more you camp, the more things you find you really didn't need, or you didn't use, that you've been hauling along, that just take up room.
                  Probably true but can't isolate anything from this last trip. The only thing I didn't use was the tent fan but I don't think I would want to leave home without it as I remember from my boat camping days how bad it can be in a tent in the desert SW
                  sigpic
                  2006 ST1300A aka HABU

Comment

Nice camp site, but why did you double tarp your table cover?

Comment

I had it set up that if needed I would flip the one tarp over to protect from Wind and Rain It would have angled down towards me.
                      sigpic
                      2006 ST1300A aka HABU

Comment

Working...
                      X