Living on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmerd View Post
    don't listen to naysayers turtle. I think bluetick's just jealous. See you at bwf.
    in just eight days i will be there,
    turtle
    TURTLE

Comment

Long time since i posted here.getting dull again reading the same old posts.any way i'm still planning some travel next spring.the trailer is ready .
      I made a hitch for the scoot and it pulls the loaded trailer very well.it can hold 50 mph up any hill around here.i will try some big ones soon.i'm looking for a smaller tent that will set up fast and easy.so many i cant decide on one.i 'm going thru the scoot ,changed all fluids,new brake pads,belts,timing,valves,the works.i ,ve always done any needed repairs on what i have rode over the years.
      I plan to start out up in the new england states where i have family and friends.come back home to take stock of things and look for needed changes
      if any.then head west and just take my time and wander.
      I don't know what the future has for me.i just know i'm not sitting to find out.
      Turtle
      TURTLE

Comment

I'm hoping to start getting on the road for 3-4 months at a time. Being full time is a little harder for us in Canada unless we commit to 6 months in the southern states. Looks like I am leading a group around Newfoundland in the middle of next summer so I can get 3-4 weeks of practice in. I am riding a little bigger bike and hauling a Mini Mate tent trailer, so maybe a bit more comfort than you but it's all a matter of figuring ways to make it work.

Comment

I hope you get to do what you have planned.by mid summer i should be out in the far west mountains.but we could cross paths.its nova scotia that i want to ride and camp.have you been there?if so,give me what to do and how and so on.you're right about making it work.but that is the fun part for me.there are people out there going around the world on smaller scoots then mine.

TURTLE

Comment

Originally posted by LURAY View Post
            Long time since i posted here.getting dull again reading the same old posts.any way i'm still planning some travel next spring.the trailer is ready .
            I made a hitch for the scoot and it pulls the loaded trailer very well.it can hold 50 mph up any hill around here.i will try some big ones soon.i'm looking for a smaller tent that will set up fast and easy.so many i cant decide on one.i 'm going thru the scoot ,changed all fluids,new brake pads,belts,timing,valves,the works.i ,ve always done any needed repairs on what i have rode over the years.
            I plan to start out up in the new england states where i have family and friends.come back home to take stock of things and look for needed changes
            if any.then head west and just take my time and wander.
            I don't know what the future has for me.i just know i'm not sitting to find out.
            Turtle
            Turtle, a friend and I did two 1100 mile camping trips on the MABDR. I used the Yosemite 2 man tent. Can't recommend it enough. We even went thru the last hurricane in upstate Pa and it didn't leak a drop. Yosemite 2 Person Backpacking Tent - Hyke & Byke USA (hykeandbyke.com) . Just something to consider.

Comment

Thanks,hank,i will check that one out.is it a four season tent?
              TURTLE

Comment

No, it's 3 season, but I'm not sure what would make a tent 4 season.

Comment

A four season is mainly built to withstand heavy snow fall and high winds.lest mesh material .a little more heavy tent material.winter campers like them.
                  TURTLE

Comment

Is there a list of camp outs,state by state, posted on here some where that are held each year?
                    LURAY
                    TURTLE

Comment

Hey Turtle! Don't forget to check the Space Available of each state on this forum under campsite reviews. Folks posted under the space available thread located under every state. Might save you a few $, let you meet more forum members, and give you a warm bed maybe. Others have a place you can set your camper up at.
                      Deb
                      sigpic
                      2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
                        Hey Turtle! Don't forget to check the Space Available of each state on this forum under campsite reviews. Folks posted under the space available thread located under every state. Might save you a few $, let you meet more forum members, and give you a warm bed maybe. Others have a place you can set your camper up at.
                        thanks,,yes,i was thinking that next spring when and if i get started.i wasn't happy with the hitch on my scoot ,so i'm back to ground zero.I took it off to day.I MAY GO WITH the big box i made.
                        LURAY
                        TURTLE

Comment

Originally posted by luray View Post

thanks,,yes,i was thinking that next spring when and if i get started.i wasn't happy with the hitch on my scoot ,so i'm back to ground zero.i took it off to day.i may go with the big box i made.
                          Luray
                          theres plenty blm land free but mostly west from what ive read . Go to facebook and camping forums one there called boondocking plenty info good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by hank in wv View Post

turtle, a friend and i did two 1100 mile camping trips on the mabdr. I used the yosemite 2 man tent. Can't recommend it enough. We even went thru the last hurricane in upstate pa and it didn't leak a drop. yosemite 2 person backpacking tent - hyke & byke usa (hykeandbyke.com) . Just something to consider.
                            i ordered the 2 man hyke and byke tent.it will be here in about 7 days,i looked up that boondocking site.interresting read.lots of ways to keep cost down.
                            Turtle
                            TURTLE

Comment

I think you're going to like it. Easy set up also.

Comment

Working...
                              X