New T Tootn Tommy G from Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T Tootn Tommy G from Arkansas

I'm new to this site & lifestyle but I am enthusiastically trying to take it up. Recently upgraded to Yamaha Roadstar 1600 [still trying to figure out how to update profile pic. to show]. I am hoping to find a used Time Out Deluxe camper this winter and begin a tour of Nat. Parks in the spring. Any info regarding trailer would be appreciated. Also tips or checklist for essential gear. My goal is to try to live on the road in the trailer trying to live on SSI income supplemented by savings and trying to stretch it out as long as possible. I wonder how many other misguided people are represented on this page who come here looking for the same thing. I feel like one of those people they talk about who are drawn to visit the field of dreams and don't know why they feel compelled to go travel and see. Thanks, Tommy G, out for now.

Re: New T Tootn Tommy G from Arkansas

Welcome on board. Good area to look for your needs both material and info. Been wanting to ride there may see you on the road someday

Comment

Welcome!
      2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
      2014 Aspen Sentry
      2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Comment

Welcome to the board! Message inbound on camper.
        2010 GL1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, Leesure Lite Excel camper.sigpic

Comment

Welcome from SW Mich. Wife and I travel on 2 CanAm Spyders with a Lesure-Lite and a RT622 trailer with solar for fridge. We have traveled a lot last year and hope to again in 2021. Check out our FB page "Two Years on Two Spyders".

Comment

Howdy! Welcome from No. VA. You landed in the right place for motocycle camping. Folks on here do everything from pulling a camper to swinging in a hammock.
            Deb
            sigpic
            2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Hello from Missouri. Glad you found the forum. I ride a RoadStar pulling a Minimate camper.
              When loaded for a trip I must be very mindful of the weight and increased stopping distance
              required. Please keep trailer weight in mind during your selection process. Good luck with your
              search and please ask any questions here. It’s a great group of helpful people.
              sigpic
              Jeff
              2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Comment

Yes, planning to install electric brakes 1st thing. thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by ttootntommyg View Post
                  I wonder how many other misguided people are represented on this page who come here looking for the same thing. I feel like one of those people they talk about who are drawn to visit the field of dreams and don't know why they feel compelled to go travel and see. Thanks, Tommy G, out for now.
                  just saw this page...guy has been on the road for 25 years! Check out scootertrampscotty.com
                  2008 GL1800-HPNA with 65,000+ miles
                  1995 BunkHouse camper
                  Darkside #1720

sigpic

Comment

Welcome from West Michigan.

Comment

Thanks for the point in his direction. That is so what I'm into.

Comment

Welcome from Western Kentucky!
                        Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

I would recommend a swivel hitch, but that may be controversial.

Haven’t tried “Full Timing” yet, but in the last several years I have been asked several times in campgrounds if I was. When it’s set up for camping the R-A-H is 13 feet long and has a table and chair both inside and out, and an awning.

Essentially everything I’d need except indoor plumbing, which is fine.

Your note has started me thinking: SSI checks are deposited automatically, house is paid for, all bills could be set up for auto withdrawal which would include a lawn service.

HMMM

Fill
                          ’08 GL 1800
                          Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
                          GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

Comment

Your putting bad thoughts in my head Fill.

Comment

Welcome from N.E. Ohio! Smart bunch of nerds on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X