2013 Ural Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Ural Patrol

Maybe that's why peeps have or get some issues with shoulders because they are muscling sometimes? That's a comment I have heard anyway..about the shoulders..
    sigpic

Comment

Hope you get it all sorted out, Ron!
      Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
      Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
      "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Boots View Post
        Hope you get it all sorted out, Ron!
        Slowly but surely Ken. I just hope the rebuilt engine lasts a few trips .. LOL
        We ride because we can ....sigpic Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Comment

How is she coming along Ron? Hope all is well and we see ya at the Chill Out!
          Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
            How is she coming along Ron? Hope all is well and we see ya at the Chill Out!
            I'm hoping to be there. The beast is running fine, at least for now. I'm not so sure I will ever trust it. The Urals are simple to work on but they seem to forever to need work. I guess I'm spoiled by my Beemer that all I seem to have to do to it is feed it gas, change the oil, tires, and occasionally brake pads. I'm guessing I have put as much time into fixing the Ural as I have riding it. When the beast works, it works well.
            We ride because we can ....sigpic Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Comment

Yikes!
              sigpic

Comment

Lots of good info here. I was looking at the Patrol hard in 2008. I was wanting a trike, and got to looking at the Ural on Cycle Traders, great place to look for them.
                I talked to a few dealers, and I got the feeling the Dealer in Richmond WI. I think that's right. Was very good at dealing with this product. He told of several adjustments
                they did to them right out of the crate. I felt he would be a great place to buy them. He had a new one cameo color, said it had everything but the machine gun mount. LOL
                I said that would not be a deal breaker, he said it was a great place to put a flag. LOL I liked the extra gas can, mounted on the sidecar. I did think you needed to be more
                of a tech than I am to keep it going, or have a great dealer close, I did not have those. I ended up putting down money on a Stallion, for Motor Trike, Troop Texas, at a dealer
                in Alton Ok. Nuttings Trikes. I was to get #57 off the assembly line, delays in body builds, put it off 30 then 60 days. I bailed and took the money on a new Goldwing Trike, instead.

Now 85K later I'm glad I got the GW. I have had a trouble free ride, since 2008. So hope to see it at Hunt's next week. I have found some at great prices on Cycle Trader.
                I would like them way better if the front fender was closer, to the tire. My thing LOL. Still like them and I think they would be fun. Your way more of a Tech than I ever will be.
                My hats off to you....

this is the dealer I was talking about
                https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt...ew+Richmond+WI

Buttset from Mo.

Comment

My friend said something very similar about his car, an Audi. He would say his car spends more time going up and down on the lift than going forward and backwards on the road.
                  Originally posted by BeemMeUp View Post
                  I'm guessing I have put as much time into fixing the Ural as I have riding it.
                  2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
                  2014 Aspen Sentry
                  2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Comment

I got a 13 patrol in dec of 13 and haven't had a bit of trouble with it, glad I traded the HD for it.
                    Attached Files
                    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
                    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
                    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
                    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
                    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
                    sold 2005 Electra Glide
                    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
                    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
                    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
                    sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

I went to a side car rally in Paso Robles,Ca. with my father in-law about 6 years ago.
                      There was a guy that had a Ural with a Hatz diesel engine in it.
                      He said he would get about 90 MPG. running an almond oil blend fuel!

Comment

Originally posted by lytle1gw View Post
                        I got a 13 patrol in dec of 13 and haven't had a bit of trouble with it, glad I traded the HD for it.
                        Lucky u! Can u do your own mechanical work when needed?
                        sigpic

Comment

Tis true.
                          Gary

IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
                          sold 2005 Electra Glide
                          sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
                          sold 1970 Honda trail 70
                          sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

I always hated the shields on Urals! They look cheap and funky..I wonder if a better-looking 1 can be put on..anybody got pics of a better shield on their bike u can share?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep, here is a few pics of bike with all clear wind shield.
                              Attached Files
                              Gary

IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
                              sold 2005 Electra Glide
                              sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
                              sold 1970 Honda trail 70
                              sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

Speaking of Urals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A5twGtw-iI

Appears he is going down hill about 20 mph.
                                sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

Working...
                                X