2013 Ural Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Ural Patrol

Well guys and gals, I must have lost my mind for a few minutes yesterday. I went to look at a new Ural MIR and ended up purchasing a 2013 Ural Patrol in a strange green gloss that will have to grow on me. Nothing like riding a sidehack in 12 - 14 degree weather. It was a moment of madness . . . at least now I hope to be able to bring my canine companion along when I camp.

I haven't picked it up yet and no I don't have pictures of it. I forgot to take some. I will post some of the beast as soon as I acquire one or two.
    We ride because we can ....sigpic Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Re: 2013 Ural Patrol

Congrats on the new bike, cant wait to see at the North Woods camp out in Aug.
    sigpic
    Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Senior View Post
      Congrats on the new bike, cant wait to see at the North Woods camp out in Aug.
      Thanks. I hope the hack and I will get along. You don't ride these things, you drive them. I'm afraid if I get used to the Ural I won't be able to ride on two wheels. LOL
      We ride because we can ....sigpic Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Comment

Well welcome to the hack club, I have the same green 13 patrol Ural. We love ours, made us slow down and enjoy the site along the way. Put lot s of lights on ours since we do a lot of off road riding and even put backup lights.
        Attached Files
        Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
        2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
        MOPH, American Legion, NRA
        IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
        sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
        sold 2005 Electra Glide
        sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
        sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
        sold 1970 Honda trail 70
        sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

WOW that is great. After seeing the pictures from the new guy (MikeBike) with his Ural, I think he sold a few. I wish there was a dealer near me.
          Gary
          sigpic
          Darkside # 751
          May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
          2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

my CONGRATULATIONS sir

you have just done one of two things...

dumpt a bucket full of $$ into a serious disaster

or

BEGUN A NEW LIFE!

i would hope it is the latter!

CHILI loved HER tub

from her 1st ride

until her last, when i had to quit riding

you WILL have to cut your distance expectations in 1/2, double your time out or trailer her to the intended riding area

all of which are well within reason

trailering and setting up a base camp was my preferred M.O.

i, even, went so far as to get an enclosed trailer that i turned into a really nice DOG HOUSE for the 3 of us(me, my 4-legged navigator, CHILI & PATIENCE, the URAL)

we're wishing you as many MILES OF SMILES as we had, & more...

sw & CHILI, the wonder monkey
            Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now! steve ('08 ural gear-up, dr350, ttr230)

Comment

Good luck with your new toy hope it works out for ya. My dog would love it. Cool
              Trailace/ Rick
              “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”
              sigpic

Comment

My neighbor has one. He's always riding around no matter what the weather, snow and all temps. He's got heated gear and grips which allows him to ride in the cold. There's lots of DIY videos on youtube for the Urals. Have fun with it and share your adventures

Comment

Wow .... never saw that coming!!

Congrats on the new direction, Ron!
                  Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
                  Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
                  "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
                  sigpic

Comment

Congrats, I'm envious. Went down a year or so ago to Atlanta to check out a Ural, Blue Moon Cycles got a chance to at least sit on one and look it over. Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Blue Moon also has a cool vintage motorcycle collection which is fun to look over.
                    Meach and Maggie
                    05 vtx1300
                    07 RS Venture (RIP 2016)
                    09 DL 650 VSTROM

Comment

Fun Fun!

Congrats, you should love it, get enough mud on that glossy green and it'll look much better.

Moody, thats quite the compliment, Thank ya. I think the easiest way to sell bikes is by conveying passion and experiences.

650 VStrom, Ural Gear Up

Comment

Re: Fun Fun!

Originally posted by MikeBike View Post
                        Congrats, you should love it, get enough mud on that glossy green and it'll look much better.

Moody, thats quite the compliment, Thank ya. I think the easiest way to sell bikes is by conveying passion and experiences.

It makes me want one too.
                        Gary
                        sigpic
                        Darkside # 751
                        May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
                        2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

it was done in a moment of madness, lol. Actually I've been toying with the idea of a sidehack for several years now so I can take my Buddy with me camping.

Comment

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
                            Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
                            "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
                            sigpic

Comment

Are those thing two wheel drive? Does the hack have power going to the wheels?
                              2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
                              ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
                              VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Comment

Working...
                              X