New moto camper in my household

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New moto camper in my household

My son was tired of not getting to go camping on his bike when I take mine out. So he went from a Suzuki GSF 400 to something a little closer to Comfortable He got this 2006 Yamaha FZ6 with 3700 miles on it. He has a list of things a yard long he wants to get so he can go touring too. My wife sure gave him a hard time about not sharing it with her.
    Attached Files
    ST1300, tent, coffee... check lets hit the roadsigpic

Re: New moto camper in my household

Tell him congrats, and that's a great looking bike!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

looks great!
      2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
      ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
      The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Comment

Thats great that builds a bond that last a life time

Comment

Let the good times roll....
          sigpic

David
          2014 Street Glide Special

Comment

That's awesome! Great bike for a young man. His choices will continue to change as his comfort level needs increases. I love the time spent with my son while on the road & camping. Make those memories!

Comment

Great looking bike and ideal for the young of body. Who belongs to the Samauri in the background? That's more my speed.

Comment

The Samurai is our family toy. I bought one for my wife twenty years ago and we traded it off when we needed a real car. She missed it so much we bought this one several years ago in Pennsylvanian and I flew out and drove it all the way back to Nebraska at 55mph the whole way. It's transmission and transfer case are shot and scream when we head down the road. It is so loud that it is impossible to talk and be heard. We still love it and take the top off and go on adventures. It also ends up being our "emergency" vehicle. The engine got swapped out with a new one 32k ago so it runs great just everything else is still worn out

Comment

my wife has an 07' nice little bike for sure.

if he is lookiing for more info here is a bike specific site that he can check out. i am on there too under the same username

http://www.600riders.com/forum/cmps_index.php
                  89 honda goldwing gl1500
                  07 yamaha fz6 (wifes)
                  IBA member 38738

Comment

Thanks for the information, I'll tell him about it. The funny thing is that my wife is already trying to wrestle it away from him.

Comment

Sweet! I can't wait until my boy gets a bike!
                      06 Honda VTX1300C

Comment

Its great to be able to share the experience of moto camping with your sons, I have four that love to camp and enjoy the freedom of seeing mother nature.
                        Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
                        2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
                        MOPH, American Legion, NRA
                        IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
                        sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
                        sold 2005 Electra Glide
                        sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
                        sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
                        sold 1970 Honda trail 70
                        sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

Just an update on this old thread. Edward has added a top box from Givi, one of the larger ones and is in the process of putting on the side racks for his panniers that he will be picking up later this spring. We are doing a father-son trip this summer to Idaho and if I can squeeze it in an addition onto Oregon to see my in-laws. We'll be doing hwy 2 west through Nebraska then it is up to him to pick the route. He spent a summer in Idaho when he was 15 and wants to take me to the places he worked. It will be fun camping with him. We are going to do a couple of short trips I haven't told him about yet just to get him use to the ride/camp/ride/camp/ride/camp cycle. Wish us luck we may have to add a bike for my wife unless she two ups with me. Can't take my daughter yet. My son hasn't had enough miles on his ride to take a pillion. More practice with a heavy load before we go that route.

Comment

Great addition. The more motocampers the merrier.
                            sigpic Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by wihardy View Post
                              Just an update on this old thread. Edward has added a top box from Givi, one of the larger ones and is in the process of putting on the side racks for his panniers that he will be picking up later this spring. We are doing a father-son trip this summer to Idaho and if I can squeeze it in an addition onto Oregon to see my in-laws. We'll be doing hwy 2 west through Nebraska then it is up to him to pick the route. He spent a summer in Idaho when he was 15 and wants to take me to the places he worked. It will be fun camping with him. We are going to do a couple of short trips I haven't told him about yet just to get him use to the ride/camp/ride/camp/ride/camp cycle. Wish us luck we may have to add a bike for my wife unless she two ups with me. Can't take my daughter yet. My son hasn't had enough miles on his ride to take a pillion. More practice with a heavy load before we go that route.
                              Your going to have a great time. I love riding with my son and had some great rides together. Enjoy it while you can once they graduate from college and get a real job and girlfriend/ wife its hard for them to find the time to go. I have been waiting 3 years for him to finish the TAT with me.
                              Trailace/ Rick
                              “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X