Thinking of trailer camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of trailer camper

I'm thinking of getting a trailer camper to pull with my K1600. Looking at Roll-a-home and Lees-ure-lite trailers. I live out here in Dana Point, CA and can't seem to find anyone who has one of these trailers to look at. Can anyone help? Also is there is another brand I should be looking at , please let me know. I'm looking for very easy set up without all the support poles.

Thanks so much. Don

Re: Thinking of trailer camper

You can look at the RollAHome website and see if there is a show and tell out there.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

Call the factory they will help you locate something to look at!
      2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
      ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
      The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by maldos View Post
        I'm thinking of getting a trailer camper to pull with my K1600. Looking at Roll-a-home and Lees-ure-lite trailers. I live out here in Dana Point, CA and can't seem to find anyone who has one of these trailers to look at. Can anyone help? Also is there is another brand I should be looking at , please let me know. I'm looking for very easy set up without all the support poles.

Thanks so much. Don
        Here you will find a lot of great ideas
        sigpic
        2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
        www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
        U.S. Army Retired

Comment

Welcome to the forum Don, hopefully you will stick around for the regular madness after you find the trailer of your dreams.

Pete
          Pete
          2010 Goldwing, 2012 Aspen Sentry

There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. What are your riding and camping likes? Do you ride two up or by yourself. Will you camp alone? Do you camp to travel, or travel to camp(stay in one place for a few days)?
            Gary
            sigpic
            Darkside # 751
            May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
            2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Welcome to the form, lots of different campers out there. you will find reviews of them here on the sight to help you find what you need. we have an aspen classic and love it. the wife and I camp two up some times and others she rides her own bike.
              sigpic
              Senior
              2009 Victory Vision
              Aspen classic
              Over night Camping welcome

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

I've been a member of the ST1300.com owners group for many years and have participated on the group rides several times. The St was sold and now I ride a BMW K1600 and a BMW R1200GS. The GS is my go-to bike recently attending the AirHead Rally in Agua Caliente last week. Great fun but now looking at easy setup camper trailers. The Lees-ur-lites seem really nice as do the RAH units, both are at about the same price point and neither is made on the Left coast. I did use the RAH google maps but the closest owner is in Bakersfield.

I've never pulled a trailer with a bike but I'm told it's not really noticeable.

I'll keep watching this thread and hopefully someone close will offer an inspection.

Don/Maldos

Comment

Call Sheila at Rollahome she will help you!
                  2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
                  ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
                  The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Comment

One thing I've been thinking about. When I ride I tend to use my lane to the fullest when entering the twisties. When pulling a trailer do you have to stay in the center of the lane to avoid the trailer from swaying side-side? How about the handeling in a cross wind?

Don

Comment

A trailer, especially a camper, is quite a bit wider than a bike so if you hug the outer 1/3rd of your lane, part of the trailer will be outside the painted lines, so to avoid that happening you have to keep the bike in the centre 1/3rd of your lane, yes.

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
                      Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
                      "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
                      sigpic

Comment

I started with a HF utility trailer to see if I would like pulling a trailer, then after two summers and two long trips and many smaller ones with it I went ahead and bought my camper. The smaller HF allows you to use nearly as much of the lane as you would with out a trailer but it's a good thing to err on the side of caution with them I think. My camper not so much, while I always have to keep in mind that I am pulling a trailer with the small HF the camper is always reminding me it is there with little hints like the bike doesn't seem to have near as much power and yes it takes a little more effort to stop. Both trailers have so far been very planted in cross winds and tractor trailer buffeting.

Pete
                        Pete
                        2010 Goldwing, 2012 Aspen Sentry

There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met!

Comment

Welcome from Oregon. I have a Leesure-Lite and love it.
                          Rick B
                          NE Oregon
                          Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
                          Patriot Guard Riderssigpic

Comment

I was camped by a guy who was using a Kompact Kamp Mini Mate camper and he said it was great if you wanted to set up and take down quick and easy. It looked narrower and lighter than most I've seen. here's the website

http://www.kompactkamptrailers.com/#...te-camper/cfvg
                            sigpic

Comment

I pull an Aspen Classic trailer http://www.trailmasterinc.com/ and love it. King size bed, lots of storage space, sets up quickly. The only problem I've had with it was loading it too heavy the first time we used it. Never had it weighed, but I'm guessing well over 500#. It did get a little hairy, especially if a quick stop was needed. Removed some weight and it pulled easy. You still need to allow a little more room for stopping and take into account that it is wider than just the bike.

We expect to be camping with it Thurs + Fri, Jan. 2nd and 3rd, probably at or near Pismo Beach, you're welcome to take a look at it if you can make it up that way. Let me know if you might be interested and I'll let you know where we will be camping.

Comment

Working...
                              X