Waiting out the winter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting out the winter.

For those of us that spend their winters in the more northern climes, you have two choices while we await the arrival of spring.

You either wait it out ....

http://youtu.be/_w6iE69gJLw

Or, you embrace it!

http://youtu.be/1-VCWUtNm-4

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    sigpic

Re: Waiting out the winter.

Loved the skier...amazing stuff. Certainly a lot better than sitting around watching the coffee pot do its' thing...Any way one looks at it, Spring is less than 90 days away.

Thanks

Comment

Hey, Mailman; Only where you live.. lol

Comment

Dusty it's funny that you would pick out the one video ever made in Trail BC (our local town). During parts of the ski video you will see a large industrial complex in the back ground, a smelter owned by Cominco, now called Teck where I worked until retirement.

When shooting that video there was all kinds of controversy when they would continually trespass and their ski's were ruining the roofing on the stair roofs.

Pete
        Pete
        2010 Goldwing, 2012 Aspen Sentry

There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met!

Comment

I'm quite familiar with Cominco and their huge stack that spews it's contents out into an otherwise beautiful little valley.
          I also love the ride up/down from Rossland ... and of course that video!

Say Pete, do they still shut down the plant, laying off all the workers just so they can sell their BC subsidized power to the US?
          Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
          sigpic

Comment

Loved both vids, each made me smile.
            Like Silvertip says, depends on where you live as to how long the wait is. I'm envious of some and sympathetic of others as their wait can be what seems like much longer than that of the mid-Atlantic U.S. and central U.S. areas.
            Eat right and do your exercises so you'll all (or "all-yall") will be ready to ride come warmer weather!

Comment

I wish I were waiting out the winter in such style, if I had a garage that nice I would be much happier.
              Do I really look like a guy with a plan...

Comment

Originally posted by SportyTour View Post
                I wish I were waiting out the winter in such style, if I had a garage that nice I would be much happier.
                How is it going Alex? School over? How did you do? Will you be at the chillout this year? You, Groundhog, and Deb can fight over the best trees for your hammock.
                Gary
                sigpic
                Darkside # 751
                May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
                2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Originally posted by moodygne View Post
                  How is it going Alex? School over? How did you do? Will you be at the chillout this year? You, Groundhog, and Deb can fight over the best trees for your hammock.
                  Gary
                  It's going good, fall semester is done now, got a bit crazy at the end but I finished strong. I'm definitely shooting for the chill out as one of my must attend events this year.

Comment

Actually they never laid us off to sell power. Not that they didn't want to but the UC wouldn't let them as they only had a permit to produce power for their plant and only were allowed to sell power when the plant was down for reasons beyond their control. We found this out when they forced us all to take our holidays at the same time one year so they could sell power to Cal. But when Cal refused to pay their bill Cominco kind of cooled off to the idea and mostly only sells to the grid now. The power was never subsidized, they built their own dam back in the twenties or thirties and often have sold power to BC hydro. They sold half of the dam to the Columbia Basin Trust a few years ago I think to raise funds to upgrade the dam.

Your right we do have a nice valley and some the best hunting and fishing you can find anywhere. The Rossland hill has claimed many a truckers life and is the source of angst for many. I like the video to.

Pete

Originally posted by Dusty Boots View Post
                    I'm quite familiar with Cominco and their huge stack that spews it's contents out into an otherwise beautiful little valley.
                    I also love the ride up/down from Rossland ... and of course that video!

Say Pete, do they still shut down the plant, laying off all the workers just so they can sell their BC subsidized power to the US?
                    Pete
                    2010 Goldwing, 2012 Aspen Sentry

There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met!

Comment

Another lovely day here

Comment

Alex, in Altoona it was a warm & balmy 27* yesterday. I had to dump some Seafoam into my tank so I shook the bike a little and rode it about 6 freezing miles. Sad, but for us it's only a few months and we're good to go again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Boots View Post
                          For those of us that spend their winters in the more northern climes, you have two choices while we await the arrival of spring.

You either wait it out ....

http://youtu.be/_w6iE69gJLw

Or, you embrace it!

http://youtu.be/1-VCWUtNm-4

Dusty
                          Those were just right..... loved the vids. Thanks for sharing.
                          sigpic
                          2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
                          06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Alex, in Altoona it was a warm & balmy 27* yesterday. I had to dump some Seafoam into my tank so I shook the bike a little and rode it about 6 freezing miles. Sad, but for us it's only a few months and we're good to go again!
                            Yup, we're luckier than some poor folks.

Comment

Yup ... 3* and snowing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X