Taggies first trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taggies first trip.

Well I took the Harbor freight taggy for it's maiden voyage. It was our first camp out of the year. Never pulled a trailer before, so wondered what it would be like? It felt strange at slow speeds but fine at highway speeds.
    I don't have the lights hooked up so I had the wife follow on her bike.

Well we get to the campground set up the tent and and stuff. I ask the wife, Wife, where's the sleeping bags or blankets? In where as she replies, You guessed it! What, We didn't pack any? Good thing all our friends brought plenty of extra stuff! And that folks, is why you always take a short shake down cruise at the start of camping season to work out the bugs in your system. Nothing like having to sleep in all your clothes and jackets to keep warm! I guess if I was really organized I could make a check list, but then I would just lose it! So I guess the moral of of this story is don't forget the toilette paper! ,but that is a story for another day. I hope you all got out and and had a great weekend camping.
    Born Again. It's never to late to have a Great Childhood!

Re: Taggies first trip.

OR ... You could do as I have to do ... Pack eveything yourself ...
    sigpic
    I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Comment

It's the trips like this that you will always remember and think back fondly of!
      Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

Sounds like you still had fun!

I was riding in Iowa Memorial day weekend. Not used to that heat yet ...
        2014 Harley Ultra
        2014 Honda CB500x
        2011 Bunkhouse

Comment

Make a check list and leave it in your trailer along with most of your camping gear. Not much packing to do that way.
          We ride because we can ....sigpic Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Comment

Well we just got back from Arkansas with the trailer. It pulled very nicely. Given what others say about tongue length versus trailer width I thought it was very smooth and no wobble. The trip was almost 1700 miles there and back again. We went down to Mena Arkansas area and road in the Ouachita mountains. Road on the Talemena drive into Oklahoma. Man was it hot!, near 100 degrees most of the week. It was cool at night though, so at least it was comfortable to sleep. We camped at Iron mountain campground near Hatfield. It is a large well shaded campground for motorcyclist. Well I guess our next big trip will be Sturgis. I think by then I will have a few more modifications done to the trailer. E.G. Visibility stickers and possibly PVC storage tubes underneath the frame.
            Born Again. It's never to late to have a Great Childhood!

Comment

What George said... I pack my stuff... the dogs are not much use in that dept. HAHA!!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X