Condensation control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation control

While we were camping in our Aspen last week the temps dropped into the thirties forties at night. We woke up to find water dripping from the ceiling in the mornings. We tried opening up the windows at night to let some outside air pass through. This helped a little but we still had to wipe it down. Is there anything we can do to keep this from happening? What is the best method to dry things out before making a quick getaway in the morning. Also what do you use to dry off the top from the dew in the morning before folding things up?

My buddy Gary/Gene taught me this trick. Vent a window just a little then plug in a small heater (linking below). About 90% of the condensation will not be there the next morning as the heat will rise to the top of your camper. For what is left carry a large sponge and wipe it down when you first get up. Leave the heater running until you are ready to close up the camper and the top will be dry. Amazon.com: Lasko Heating Space Heater, Compact, White : Home & Kitchen
    Deb
    sigpic
    2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Yup, I carry a small and cheap oscillating fan/heater I got at a second hand store to ward of the chills and to keep condensation way down. Works a treat in a tent as well!

Click image for larger version  Name:	15325543244_28d1c0ffd1_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	297143

Dusty
      Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
      Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
      "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X