2022 Gear updates wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Gear updates wanted

Good morning! It is the start of a new weekend, it is raining, cold, windy, and most of the leaves in the metro DC have been blown down by the storm. With all of that, my mind turns to gear planning for next year. What new things do I want, what do I want to change, and why am want to change things.

For me I have no real changes in mind. I have rarely been able to use my LL the past couple of years so my goal is to go through the gear I have, make sure it is in good working condition, and just a general clean out. If I don't use the LL in 2022 any more than I did in 2021 it will need to find a new home. Yes, I will post here first

I am also going to look closely at my hammock stuff. If I decide to let the LL go I will need to tune in my hammock set up. I really like sleeping in it, or did the last time I used it, the hammock is quick and easy to set up, and I have been looking at a better stand for it.

So, what are your thoughts for 2022? What are you planning to add, change, remove from your gear load?
    Deb
    sigpic
    2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Well,you know what i'm doing next year.i hope i will.changes i have made are.a small tent easy and fast set up for the over nites large tent for the long stays.i,ve decided not to take the cot.its large and heavy .what do you use when there are no trees for the hammock?still thinking on what size stove to take.also is a tent heater needed?
    Luray+on a long trip a person can sell,trade .buy,trash it at camps.etc.
    TURTLE

Comment

Originally posted by LURAY View Post
      Well,you know what i'm doing next year.i hope i will.changes i have made are.a small tent easy and fast set up for the over nites large tent for the long stays.i,ve decided not to take the cot.its large and heavy .what do you use when there are no trees for the hammock?still thinking on what size stove to take.also is a tent heater needed?
      Luray+on a long trip a person can sell,trade .buy,trash it at camps.etc.
      I am looking really hard at a Tensa Stand for the hammock. I have a DIY that works but is not as light, compact, or easy to put together as the Tensa is. The Tensa will fold up and fit on my back seat.

Tensa4 hammock stand : Tensa Outdoor *link to it*

I always take a small electric heater with me when I am tent or LL camping. It really helps on chilly nights to keep the condensation down. I don't need a heater to keep me warm. My quilts and pads will keep me warm down to 20F. Below that, I need a hotel room The link below is a lot like the one I use. Amazon.com: Kismile Portable Electric Space Heater, Small Ceramic Heater Fan with Thermostat, Tip-Over and Overheat Protection,Fast Heating for Home/Office,1500W : Home & Kitchen

When I am ground sleeping I use the Synmat 9LW. In fact, I use it in my LL on the platform instead of their foam pad. Dusty turned me on to it years back and I really do like it.
      Deb
      sigpic
      2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post

When I am ground sleeping I use the Synmat 9LW. In fact, I use it in my LL on the platform instead of their foam pad. Dusty turned me on to it years back and I really do like it.
        in late 2019, I bought a Nemo Cosmos sleeping pad from REI when they were blowing them out for ~ 89.88 that is slightly more compact and a lot easier/quicker than the Exped to inflate via a foot pump (45 seconds).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005  -  5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.6 KB ID:	297102

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005  -  1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	272.2 KB ID:	297103

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0006  -  1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.7 KB ID:	297104

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3877.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.7 KB ID:	297114

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0007  -  3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.7 KB ID:	297105

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0007  -  1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	296.8 KB ID:	297106

Also, being a sucker for tarps, I ran across a very nice 10' x 12' camo tarp (they come in different sizes/colours) with 31 (yes,31!) tie out loops on Amazon for $37.99 and it seems very well built for the price!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.8 KB ID:	297107

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4095.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.7 KB ID:	297110

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.9 KB ID:	297108

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4093.jpg Views:	0 Size:	305.0 KB ID:	297109

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4092.jpg Views:	0 Size:	322.3 KB ID:	297111

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4098.jpg Views:	0 Size:	351.6 KB ID:	297112

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	374.6 KB ID:	297113

Dusty
        Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
        Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
        "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
        sigpic

Comment

Dusty, I knew you had changed out pads but I really like my Synmat and the price is right

Nice tarp and a really good price. I can't tell from the pictures is it cat cut or straight cut? Everything I look at is cat cut and I don't want another cat cut tarp. Do you have a link to it?
          Deb
          sigpic

Comment

No Deb, it's not cat cut and the link to the product is in the description above
            Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
            Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
            "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X