Announcement

Collapse

** Notice to those who may have registered recently **

You'll need to re-register. I've purged the moderation queues to start from scratch and made a few change so your account would be active immediately. Just re-register, should be fine.
See more
See less

An Old Newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironheadziggy76
    replied
    Dang Guy, sorry I just saw this! Glad to see ya back.

Leave a comment:

• rogerl
    replied
    Dusty:
    Thanks for the information. I might try something like that on the next trip. Breakfast would be easy.

Roger L

Leave a comment:

• GroundHog
    replied
    Thanks Dusty.

Leave a comment:

• Dusty Boots
    replied
    Originally posted by GroundHog View Post

Off topic:
    Dusty, what brand is the table that you have your cook set on?

Got it off Amazon

IMG_0799 - 1.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0802 - 1.jpg

IMG_0904 - 3.jpg

Dusty

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GroundHog
    replied
    Welcome back Mr. Guy. Haven't heard much out of you since the "Chill Out" many years ago. Glad to see you're still riding.

Off topic:
    Dusty, what brand is the table that you have your cook set on?

Leave a comment:

• Dusty Boots
    replied
    Roger;

I use parts of a Woods cook set, a manual Snow Peak Giga Power canister stove and windscreen, a plastic bowl and a melamine plate that packs up into a nice, small package

IMG_1058 - 1.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

I drink my coffee/Tea out of a GSI Outdoors Infinity Backpacker Mug as it's insulated and unlike my other mug, the handle folds flat and I store my spices in it when not in use

IMG_0060 - 1.jpg

For food I hit a grocery store/Walmart/Dollar General en route for food

This is my usual breakfast while on the road.

48732271677_53f9c3bbb5_b.jpg

Dusty

Leave a comment:

• rogerl
    replied
    Dusty.
    I have done many multi day motorcycle trips. We always stop at restaurants for our meals. I am curious what cooking items you take and where do you get your food to cook?

Thanks
    Roger L

Leave a comment:

• Dusty Boots
    replied
    Welcome back, Guy!
    I have gone full circle back to basics, much preferring to camp off the bike again

IMG_1717 - 1.jpg

Dusty

Leave a comment:

• GailForce
    replied
    Welcome back Guy. There are a few that still carry everything on the bike posting here. Sorry I am not
    one of them. Still pulling a Mini Mate camper.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Guy
    started a topic An Old Newbie.

An Old Newbie.

Hi All,

Been gone from the site for quite some time. Back pain and 2 surgeries have also kept me off my bike more than I'd like, but not completely. But now the urge to get out and take another trip is becoming to great to ignore. So I thought I'd come back and try to pickup some new up to date tips and tricks. I've been reading posts for a few days and see some names I recognize, Hi Steve, and many that are new to me. There has been quite a bit of change since I was last here. I'm beginning to wonder if there's anyone still here that doesn't pull a trailer. Let me know if there is, that's the group I'll fit in with. I'll be hanging around and hopefully I'll have something worthwhile to throw in every now and then.

Guy
Working...
X