Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post

Long time rider but a long time ago.
    I have owned everything from a Goldwing to a Honda rebel in my life. My question is, I am getting older and I bought a Yamaha majesty 400 for me and my wife to do some traveling on. It has a Tow-pac trike kit. Do y’all think there is any possibility it would pull a small trailer and me along with my wife?
    I want to ride the blue ridge parkway this summer and camp along the way but this will be hard to do without a trailer or something.
    Thanks for any replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: First post

HI TO YOU AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.I JUST NOTICE YOUR POST THAT YOU MADE BACK IN MARCH.THAT 400 YOU HAVE IS A SCOOTER ,RIGHT?i RIDE A 300 HONDA THAT I BEEN RIDING AND CAMPING WITH AND HAVE PUT 19000 TROUBLE FREE MILES ON IT.i MADE A GOOD SIZE BOX AND MOUNTED IT ON THE BACK FOR MY CAMPING GEAR.I RIDE
    ALONE SO THAT RIG WORKS GOOD.I WILL BE 89 IN A FEW MONTHS DOWN SIZING FROM BIG BIKES A FEW YEARS AGO.YOUR AGE IS ONLY 50 WHY DOWN SIZING SO SOON?
    I THINK A 400 IS SMALL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED.NOT THAT IT CAN'T BE DONE BUT I WOULD GO UP TO A 500 AT LEAST.
    THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF TRAILERS AND CAMPERS OUT THERE. LOTS OF INFO IN THIS GROUP ON THAT SUBJECT.NOT MUCH ON SCOOTERS OR 400 BIKES.
    I WAS GOING TO TRIKE MY 300 AND THE LOCAL DEALER'S SERVICE MGN. ADVISED ME NOT TO.I HAD PLANS TO PULL A CARGO TRAILER.
    MAKE PLANS TO COME TO COWAN GAP CAMP OUT IN MAY.I WILL BE THERE AND MANY OTHERS.
    LuRay [turtle]
    TURTLE

Comment

Re: First post

I would first see how the Majesty did traveling with you and your wife. If it handles both of you without a problem then think about getting a trailer. Some of the motocycle campgrounds in that area rent camping gear. You can check ahead with them and see if that is available. Some of them also have small one room cabins that you can rent.
      Here is a link to a small trailer that Northern Tool sells: (not promoting this one, just giving you an idea) https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can also buy the Harbor Freight small traller and put a cargo container on top..many different options...check craigslist or you local for sale sites..sometimes they pop up there..

Also we have campouts/get togethers at different locations throughout the year.. You can always come by and get ideas...List your location in your profile and someone close by you may have something you can look at.
      Talmadge
      "GroundHog"

Comment

Working...
      X