Idbdr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idbdr

have plans set to do the IDBDR this coming july 19 leaving from my home in new york on july 16 heading west anyone interested in joining ? https://ridebdr.com/idbdr/
    2012 goldwing
    2012 timeout xl1800
    2017 africa twin
    sigpic

Re: Idbdr

I'd love to tag along, but unfortunately I don't have an adventure motorcycle. Been looking at the KTM 790 Adventure R, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. In 2018, on my way home from Sturgis, I took a side trip through Idaho. Dispersed camped in the Payette National Forest in McCall, Boise National Forest in Cascade and Grimes Creek. Took a nice soak at the Gold Fork Hot Springs in Donnelly. Camped and hiked at Craters of the Moon. Rode around Hells Canyon and camped up at Anthony Lakes in the Wallow-Whitman National Forest. Rode ID-14 out to Elk City. I've been looking to go back.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Comment

riding out on my 2017 africa twin, camping the whole trip unless the rain gods get pissed then a hotel eat on the trail or maybe at a trail side spot it will be a 6500 mile round trip for me 3 days to get to glenns ferry then start the idbdr the next day 5-6 days then head back through glacier, beartooth ,Yellowstone, grand Tetons and follow rt 20 back home to NY i,ve attached my gpx files for the trip , i have no set stays just 15 days for the trip well i guess i cant attach my route files
      2012 goldwing
      2012 timeout xl1800
      2017 africa twin
      sigpic

Comment

I'd be very interested in riding the IDBDR with you. I live about 4 hours from Glenns Ferry in Utah. I've watched quite a few videos and it looks like a great ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Krod View Post
          I'd be very interested in riding the IDBDR with you. I live about 4 hours from Glenns Ferry in Utah. I've watched quite a few videos and it looks like a great ride.
          i'll be in touch when i have some free time, i'll pm you
          2012 goldwing
          2012 timeout xl1800
          2017 africa twin
          sigpic

Comment

That is nice country for dual sport riding. My wife and I spent a couple weeks riding our 650's in ID, MT and Wyoming. It was 2009 just before all the BDR rides came out. I just had a Garmin hand held GPS with a topo map and we would just see were the squiggly lines took us We rode out of the LoLo Pass area, Locksa Lodge area. We really enjoyed the LoLo Motorway. In Montana we explored a lot of the two track off the Beartooth Pass. In Wyoming we based in Cody and covered a bunch of the dirt roads around the east side of Yellowstone.

Just last evening my wife and I were discussing that trip. If the border opens up we need to go back to these areas.
            GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
            GL1800 & XR650L Hers
            IBA #66870
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X