X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happens everytime I go for a test ride. New Toy 2018 Godlwing

Thanks all
    2018 Pearl White Goldwing Tour DCT
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

Comment

Originally posted by Newportcycle View Post
      I sent an email couple of weeks before I went to the dealership to get a brochure sent to me and got a reply back from the sales manager to just pop into the store and they would be happy to answer any questions that I had. SO, I took off a Friday for a long weekend and decided to stop in for a look. Sales manager remembered my inquiry, pointed at the two he had on the floor and pretty much left it at that. I asked about horsepower, he wasn't really sure, mileage not really sure. Can you open the bags, I heard there were issues with helmet storage, nope locked and no battery in the display model so, no SOL. Asked about maintenance requirements, not really sure, but he assured me that everyone knew they were the best touring bike out there and not to worry about it. Asked about options on the display model, wasn't really sure. No effort in the least to "Sell" me anything. About that same time another customer came in and started looking at a side-by-side, he promptly left me standing there and went over to them. I rode in on a bike, did not ask what i ride, I think he assumed that I knew just what I was looking for and all he had to do was some paperwork. At this point I was so utterly disgusted that I left vowing NEVER to come back. Little harsh probably, but I've got a stubborn streak about a mile wide. I ride BMW's typically and remember my first buying experience with them it was totally different. I went into the dealership looking for a new bike, the salesman asked about my riding, history, what type of riding i was planning on doing, features I thought I'd like, describe what my perfect bike would be, all before showing me the first model. We then checked out three or four different bikes, sit on them, hands on bars, discussed options available for each model. I think they make their money in the ATV market, selling many more of those vehicles than bikes nowadays, who knows. I went back to BMW, 2018 R1200RTW.

Did you get the DCT transmission? How do you like that, I hear its butter smooth.
      There's dealers and there's dealers, be they four wheel or two. The sales person usually doesn't know his ass from a teakettle. You can get a great deal if you go in there armed with knowledge from different forums and a price in mind, like this is what I'll pay, take it or leave it. Has worked well for me on cars and bikes. Used to be that a lot of stores sold bikes in quantity via the internet like ebay. I think that went away, but it worked very well for several bikes for me. I would use the internet price to twist arms and would never be very interested in a bike until I did complete due diligence before walking through the door of the store. Never had questions for the sales person since they usually don't know much that would be of help to me.

I've had great deals with GL1800, FJR1300 RSTD Super Tenere and others. They even delivered the S10 to my driveway for free. It was in the middle of winter and probably wanted it off their inventory.

Many sales people work for comish - no sale - no comish.
      sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

Originally posted by bvail View Post
        There's dealers and there's dealers, be they four wheel or two. The sales person usually doesn't know his ass from a teakettle. You can get a great deal if you go in there armed with knowledge from different forums and a price in mind, like this is what I'll pay, take it or leave it. Has worked well for me on cars and bikes. Used to be that a lot of stores sold bikes in quantity via the internet like ebay. I think that went away, but it worked very well for several bikes for me. I would use the internet price to twist arms and would never be very interested in a bike until I did complete due diligence before walking through the door of the store. Never had questions for the sales person since they usually don't know much that would be of help to me.

I've had great deals with GL1800, FJR1300 RSTD Super Tenere and others. They even delivered the S10 to my driveway for free. It was in the middle of winter and probably wanted it off their inventory.

Many sales people work for comish - no sale - no comish.
        Good advice. The lack of professionalism in sales people across many business frosts me. I think these same people would be very disappointed and the first to complain should their dentist take the same approach to them when they needed a tooth filled.

Rubicon, how many miles now? Still liking the GW I'll bet.

Comment

Working...
        X