Highway ettiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Highway ettiquette

One thing I've noticed is that when the temperatures fall below freezing, every rider on the road waves to every other rider.
    You can't put a price on Worthlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
      One thing I've noticed is that when the temperatures fall below freezing, every rider on the road waves to every other rider.
      I have noticed that, too. Also, I have noticed that most of the guys out on really crappy days around here are on Harleys. Not sure what that says, but I have noticed it, and frankly, been surprised by it.
      There's that rarity thing again. The folks riding in very low temps would seem to have more in common than the mass of the general riding population, prompting heart-felt waves. What connects them is open to conjecture, however.
      We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

Comment

Originally posted by baggerhog View Post
        I have noticed that, too. Also, I have noticed that most of the guys out on really crappy days around here are on Harleys. Not sure what that says, but I have noticed it, and frankly, been surprised by it.
        Quite the opposite around here. Maybe we just have a bunch of RUB's. If there is rain in yhe forecast, you won't see a HD in the lot's and mc parking spots except for one anniversary edition V-rod.

Once below freezing, spotting another bike is pretty rare in general.
        '05 ST1300 - 1987 TravelLite p'up, 1999 Roll-A-Home
        While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Comment

Originally posted by T_C View Post
          Quite the opposite around here. Maybe we just have a bunch of RUB's. If there is rain in yhe forecast, you won't see a HD in the lot's and mc parking spots except for one anniversary edition V-rod.

Once below freezing, spotting another bike is pretty rare in general.
          Ya know, I think you have something there. I rarely see HD guys out in the rain. But, like I said, if I go for a ride and there is snow in the air, most of the bikes I see are HDs. Rain, not so much. Doesn't make much sense.
          We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

Comment

Originally posted by G wizz View Post
            Maybe they're waiting to see if you're going to wave to them ... Try waving first ...

G
            I do wave everytime I see another rider.
            sigpic
            Senior
            2009 Victory Vision
            Aspen classic
            Over night Camping welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Senior View Post
              I do wave everytime I see another rider.
              Gee Rex, then the only thing I can think of is it must be your bike ...
              They must think you're riding a rocket ship ... and it leaves 'em to stunned to wave ...
              sigpic
              I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by G wizz View Post
                Gee Rex, then the only thing I can think of is it must be your bike ...
                They must think you're riding a rocket ship ... and it leaves 'em to stunned to wave ...
                That could be it lol
                sigpic
                Senior
                2009 Victory Vision
                Aspen classic
                Over night Camping welcome

Comment

The only rule I know is to use more than 1 finger....

Comment

I wave at every rider, even scooters. If they don't wave back I just kind of snicker thinking they are too scared to let go of the handle bars.

Comment

Working...
                    X