MCHitch is temp shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MCHitch is temp shut down

Hope he gets better. They are tough to get ahold of. Last spring I bought a hitch for my Vaquero and a couple of parts didn't fit right and I had to modify them to make them fit. I suspect he sells the same hitch to both the Vaquero and the Voyager; and assumed they'd be the same (they are the same bike underneath, but there are a couple of differences with the rear fender which makes for some clearance problems). I documented the modifications and attempted a couple of times to contact them, and never got a response. Sure would be worried if I ever had to return something. I don't believe he was 'out of the office' last year. It's for that reason that I've cautioned other buyers to consider other brands. The hitch is great, the price was right; and it shipped fast. But I'm always weary of doing business with an organization that you can't really get ahold of. I suppose this is a one-man operation if they can't continue to do business without him at the helm? That's another red flag, for me at least.

Wishing a speedy recovery.
    2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2013 Haul-Master Tag-A-Long | 2011 Honda Shadow Aero (Wife's)

Comment

I received my refund from Paypal, As I would assume there was no explanation given from Paypal but would be interesting to hear from him.

Comment

Since it appears nobody is out any money, that's one thing to be thankful for. The other is be thankful all of you are not him. I don't believe, if things are the way they seem, that he's in very good shape and this hitch thing is probably pretty low on his list of priorities.

There are many motorcycle hitch companies out there besides his.

Just wish him Godspeed and good luck.
        sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

Originally posted by bvail View Post
          . I don't believe, if things are the way they seem, that he's in very good shape and this hitch thing is probably pretty low on his list of priorities.

There are many motorcycle hitch companies out there besides his.

Just wish him Godspeed and good luck.
          I think you nailed it Bob..... Best wishes to him.
          sigpic
          Mid-Wester
          2006 Star Stratoliner XV1900S
          2012 Aspen Classic
          DS #387

Comment

Originally posted by badger View Post
            I had an MCHitch on my 09 harley. Now I have a '14 ultra which I haven't hitched up yet ...
            So if MCHitch is not available, what is the next best alternative??
            You can also try Bushtec. They have tons of hitches for Harley. A little more $, but the quality is there.
            2012 GL1800 Pearl white
            2005 Bunkhouse LX
            AMA life member

Comment

Originally posted by badger View Post
              I had an MCHitch on my 09 harley. Now I have a '14 ultra which I haven't hitched up yet ...
              So if MCHitch is not available, what is the next best alternative??

That's a pretty subjective thing, as in "My bike is best because I bought it and I'm all about positive self affirmation." My old man always bought GM products. Thought Ford drivers were commies and Chrysler owners were just plain silly. He wouldn't discuss Nash, Studebaker or other off brands. BTW today is my Pop's 105th anniversary and he's up there smaking whitey (playing golf, no racism intended).

I had a hitchdoc on my RSTD that was quite stout.

Classic Industries (from Oz) not so much because it was on my FJR, so not very good because of the frame on the bike.

My Bushtek hitch is about as good as they come IMHO-YMMV. Not cheap, but the thing came with plug and play harness, good receiver hitch and even a mudflap for the Goldwing.

IIRC Chromeworks hitches had some complaints, but don't quote me on that.

Don't forget, Google is your friend.

Bottom line, I would probably go to Bushtek first and maybe work down from there.

sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

Working...
              X