MCHitch is temp shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCHitch is temp shut down

After reading many treads on here I desided to buy a hitch through MCHitch, I placed my order on Friday. Saturday I received a email from paypal that my payment went through. Today after not receiving any shipment info I went back to his website and found the following message.

"I am currently in the hospital having surgery done for oral cancer. Our offices will be closed until after I am released from the hospital in approximately for 2 weeks.
    Thank you !"

after reading it my first thought was that must have gone up after I made my order but since have found a tread on a different site saying almost same story but going back to March. it must have been there and I missed it. I am in no hurry for my hitch and wish him all the luck on his illness.

Re: MCHitch is temp shut down

The right thing for him would have been to stop collecting the money. If I was in that situation, I would contact my credit card company and stop the payment on that.

You can always pay him when he is back in production. Same difference.
    sigpic
    2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Comment

PayPal will work with you on this. I'd contact them today.
      sigpic
      Jeff
      2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Comment

That has been going on now since April. I tried to get one then, got the same message, but I did not pay anything.
        I have a hitch for a 2012~and up wing. If interested let me know. I ended up getting one from Openroad outfitters.
        Gary
        sigpic
        Darkside # 751
        May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
        2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Originally posted by GailForce View Post
          PayPal will work with you on this. I'd contact them today.
          Hi GailForce,

I agree, I'm ok with them having the money before hand if they are still in business and just running behind due to his illness. But I'm a little concern he may have shut down due to his illness and not shut down the web site. I was more hoping someone in the Motocamper world know anything more then what was posted on his website. I tried to call and got a message on the answering machine in a robotic voice saying he has trouble talking on the phone due to his illness and to send a text instead which I have done. I do understand with this illness that it can effect his ability to talk. I am very sympathetic to him and want him to be healthy more then me getting my product. Must of us would be completely out of work for such a procedure but most of us also do not work for our self and would still get somekind of composition while out of work unlike a self employed person. I'm sure he is trying to run a business while also trying to heal. and I'm also sure both are suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
            The right thing for him would have been to stop collecting the money. If I was in that situation, I would contact my credit card company and stop the payment on that.

You can always pay him when he is back in production. Same difference.
            No need to use the credit card company, just contact PayPal.
            sigpic
            2012 Honda Goldwing
            2009 Timeout Camper
            Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 IBA member #59823

Comment

Originally posted by georgewerr View Post
              Hi GailForce,

I agree, I'm ok with them having the money before hand if they are still in business and just running behind due to his illness. But I'm a little concern he may have shut down due to his illness and not shut down the web site. I was more hoping someone in the Motocamper world know anything more then what was posted on his website. I tried to call and got a message on the answering machine in a robotic voice saying he has trouble talking on the phone due to his illness and to send a text instead which I have done. I do understand with this illness that it can effect his ability to talk. I am very sympathetic to him and want him to be healthy more then me getting my product. Must of us would be completely out of work for such a procedure but most of us also do not work for our self and would still get somekind of composition while out of work unlike a self employed person. I'm sure he is trying to run a business while also trying to heal. and I'm also sure both are suffering.
              I hope his health improves also. In the mean time PayPal will refund your payment and you can order from another source.
              sigpic
              Jeff
              2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Comment

Originally posted by georgewerr View Post
                Hi GailForce, I agree, I'm ok with them having the money before hand if they are still in business and just running behind due to his illness. But I'm a little concern he may have shut down due to his illness and not shut down the web site. I was more hoping someone in the Motocamper world know anything more then what was posted on his website. I tried to call and got a message on the answering machine in a robotic voice saying he has trouble talking on the phone due to his illness and to send a text instead which I have done. I do understand with this illness that it can effect his ability to talk. I am very sympathetic to him and want him to be healthy more then me getting my product. Must of us would be completely out of work for such a procedure but most of us also do not work for our self and would still get somekind of composition while out of work unlike a self employed person. I'm sure he is trying to run a business while also trying to heal. and I'm also sure both are suffering.
                Hey georgewerr.... I too have been trying to contact him for the last 2-3 mo....I purchased a hitch a few years ago and it's a very well built good looking product. I recommended MCHitch to a couple of acquaintances that are interested in getting a hitch but have gotten no response...nor have I been able to contact him. Like you.... I wish him a full and speedy recovery....as his health is what is most important. The company is only 85mi down the interstate...if I'm down that way I might stop and see what I can find out. I'll post back if I hear any news. Midwester
                sigpic
                Mid-Wester
                2006 Star Stratoliner XV1900S
                2012 Aspen Classic
                DS #387

Comment

Originally posted by moodygne View Post
                  That has been going on now since April. I tried to get one then, got the same message, but I did not pay anything.
                  I have a hitch for a 2012~and up wing. If interested let me know. I ended up getting one from Openroad outfitters.
                  Gary
                  Sorry but I have a Harley RoadKing, it will not fit.

Comment

I bought my hitch from there last year when it was a different owner and also mchitch.com. But the place was bought by the present owner and changed to mchitch.,us. I have told several people on the VTX forum about mchitch since I bought mine, and did notice early this year that the illness notice was up on the web site, and it has been there since, I believe Jan. or Feb. of this year. They did/do make a quality hitch. Here's hoping they open up again soon.

Dan
                    sigpic

Comment

I had an MCHitch on my 09 harley. Now I have a '14 ultra which I haven't hitched up yet ...
                      So if MCHitch is not available, what is the next best alternative??
                      2014 Harley Ultra
                      2014 Honda CB500x
                      2011 Bunkhouse

Comment

You can try www.openroadoutfitters.com

Dan
                        sigpic

Comment

I have sent in a PayPal dispute - hopefully they can get ahold of him because I still want the hitch

Comment

Simple...don't pay for something you didn't receive. You did dispute with PP and whosoever requires a payment, be it Paypal or CC company (hopefully you didn't use a debit card), the transaction is not complete until the product is shipped and received by you.
                            sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

I've been trying to contact him too for about 2-3mo to no avail..... I think his medical problems may have been more serious then perceived....I wish him the best.

The business is about 85mi away from me, next time I'm down that way I will stop to see if it's still open.
                              sigpic
                              Mid-Wester
                              2006 Star Stratoliner XV1900S
                              2012 Aspen Classic
                              DS #387

Comment

Working...
                              X