Florida & Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida & Camping

Camping in Florida is interesting. With the Tropical storm I've given up and checked into a motel. First 9 nights in the new tent (Alps Camp Creek 6) when well. Rain every day & no leaks. Try again Thursday. Actually being in Florida is interesting. Have the road rage in Tampa (?), guy drive his car over a trike. Cape Coral, another nut shoots and kills a biker. Random I guess. Oh, good, it's raining again.

Re: Florida & Camping

WTH??? I did not have THE fun TIME U HAD WHEN i WAS THERE LAST TIME, WHICH WAS A LONG TIME ago!. CAPS! ugh!!..BUT I DID pay alot 65 bucks a night just to sleep near the ocean at a noisy RV campsite, surrounded by them.....
    sigpic

Comment

I mainly camped in my big toy hauler especially in the hot weather when I spent time in FL and went through 4 weeks of continuous rain. I got a monthly site in Port Orange south of Daytona Beach last time and explored from there for about 6 months. I worked at Halifax Hospital. I did try camping in Ocala NF when it cooled off, but I never did like tent camping on sand. I went all over, Ft De Soto was nice, the cape was worth it too. I did the Keys all the way to Ft Clinch, one day I'll explore the panhandle. But, I sure missed the hills of home, really flat down there. I was ready to buy a boat and sell the bike some days.

We need that rain up here in Bama, bone dry here.

Comment

I picked a great 2 weeks to travel down there in 03! I celebrated a bday when I was down there..had a riot the entire trip!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X