Any lady riders get yelled at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any lady riders get yelled at?

I saw this article about a guy who had long hair, and had a girly painted helmet. He said several
    times drivers had pulled along side and yelled or acted out thinking he was a women rider.
    One rolled down his window and said he was going to get out of his car, and beat you till you
    can't stand, you B word. The guy took off his helmet and said ok, we better get started I got
    to be at work, in a 1/2 hour. The driver took off making a left turn. He said this had happened
    several times in the last 3 years.
    Have any ladies, found some men, aggressive acting, while you ride?

He said it made him think, women, get treated different, riding motorcycles, than men sometimes.
    I have had a scary incident, in my car with my family, inside once.
    Truly glad I was able to get away, from a weird driver.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/quit-cut...173826078.html

Here is the post about it.

Buttset from Mo.

Re: Any lady riders get yelled at?

Does that mean you are going to grow out your hair?
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Boots View Post
      Does that mean you are going to grow out your hair?
      That's what I'm thinking!
      2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
      ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
      The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Comment

Only happened once to me but let's just say, it did not last very long nor was it very loud.
        Deb
        sigpic
        2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

My wife got whistled at on her bike. Does that count?
          ST1300, tent, coffee... check lets hit the roadsigpic

Comment

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting. Funny how weird folks can be when they are cooped up in a cage and think they own the world. As Jessie Waters (on Fox News) says "This is Waters World and I am Waters and own all this."

sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

I asked my better half who rides a wing and a dual sport if she had any experiences like this and she said no.
              GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
              GL1800 & XR650L Hers
              IBA #66870
              sigpic

Comment

I remember once when the wife and I were riding (on separate bikes) and some guys were talking on the CB about her. They didn't know that my bike had a CB until I told them that she was old enough to be their mother...
                2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
                ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
                VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Comment

Girls often make passes at me. I shave my head so men don't. But I just don't blame the young ladies, Can you?
                  Gary
                  sigpic
                  Darkside # 751
                  May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
                  2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

I got asked what model harley I was on at an intersection.. told him it was an aero,a HONDA and left him in the dust when the light turned green, in more ways than1! HAHA!! That'll teach ya for not knowing your machines! HAHA!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps it was the "girley painted helmet" ......
                      See our 3 minute ride up the Moki Dugway by Mexican Hat in Utah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJAZo6ipyc

Comment

I read that article and found it puzzling. I have been flirted with, whistled at, and told I had a nice sportster....it was a 1993 FXLR Low Rider Custom, dumb butt. But did have one time a guy to yell at me and give me the finger. I had not done anything wrong. He was just mad at someone and wanted to take it out on a female riding a Harley. So, I told him to pull it over if he was not afraid of little ole me....He did...I pulled out my badge... and he got back in his truck....!

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet7373 View Post
                          I read that article and found it puzzling. I have been flirted with, whistled at, and told I had a nice sportster....it was a 1993 FXLR Low Rider Custom, dumb butt. But did have one time a guy to yell at me and give me the finger. I had not done anything wrong. He was just mad at someone and wanted to take it out on a female riding a Harley. So, I told him to pull it over if he was not afraid of little ole me....He did...I pulled out my badge... and he got back in his truck....!
                          That's funny!

Comment

Skeet I think that's it he was wearing a painted helmet and some mad cage drivers
                            did try to take it out on what they thought was a female rider. Where they might not
                            have went after a male rider... that was what he decided was what was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet7373 View Post

~~~~LIKE~~~LIKE~~~~~~~ ~~LIKE
                              You go girl.
                              Gary
                              sigpic
                              Darkside # 751
                              May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
                              2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X