• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetick
    replied
    Re: Another Harley Davidson?

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
    I think that is mostly in the past. A few states say one speaker only or for communication only.
    You could be right, it's been awhile since I read the card. You know how it is when we get up in the years, ten years ago is just yesterday...

Some states say "No hand held devices" so that means no hand held mics for CB's so it would be hard if you can't have it in the helmet and you couldn't hold it. I see a lot of truckers use blue tooth headset for that reason, no handsets allowed. Originally meant to keep people off cell phones.

Leave a comment:

• lytle1gw
    replied

Originally posted by JacktheBagger View Post
    Steve , it's the oxygen in the closet that causes the phenomenon , very common , the older you get ..
    Boy I must have a lot of oxygen in my closet.

Leave a comment:

• JacktheBagger
    replied

Steve , it's the oxygen in the closet that causes the phenomenon , very common , the older you get ..

Leave a comment:

• ImRubicon
    replied

Originally posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    It is just a pet peeve of mine. I probably shouldn't of even said anything, but I see it go like this so often. It is not the brand, it is the idiot who watches too many Discovery Channel Motorcycle shows.

Guy buys a cruiser. (HD is not the only brand of v-twin motorcycles)
    Guy puts straight pipes on his bike and buys a pirate uniform.
    Guy takes the windshield off the bike cuz real bikers don't use a shield and they wear taunting face masks instead.
    Guy doesn't ride his motorcycle cuz it is loud, obnoxious and not very comfortable without a windshield.

Guy sells his loud v-twin to someone else who runs up and down the road in front of my house so he can hear his loud ass pipes. Bliping the throttle and acting the fool in his almost new pirate uniform.

Of course I am not talking about anyone who actually adapts a camping / motorcycling lifestyle with a HD. I am talking about the Saturday afternoon poser.

These are the same jerks that run their straight pipes into a national park cuz they think everyone fishing a mile away from the Highway to the Sun needs to hear their crappy running motorcycle.

Eventually, some of these guys get their motorcycle endorsement, and realize that a motorcycle is a motorcycle and they end up buying a Goldwing and ride with other Wingers.

I hope I didn't offend anyone in this group.
    Too true too often.
    but do you really think thats where wingers come from
    I have a couple of friends that have their choice of bike and after three years they dont have 3000 miles on them as they are weekend and bar hopping only and always say loud pipes save lives .
    My reply is imagine what learning how to ride the thing will do?
    Back to topic on hand.

I truely think you should buy what you like and its going to take a bike or three to get something you do like .
    I went from cruiser to a goldwing ( had a couple different also at the time) and the gold wing was just too nice for me .
    I like it but didnt love it .
    I also think they are set up for shorter than 6'1" people.
    Nothing at all I can point and say is wrong in any way with a wing just not for me at this time .
    I didnt read all the posts are you going to tow with this bike as well ?
    Wing was a great tow platform for my roll-a-home wihtout a doubt as in didnt harld know it was there

Leave a comment:

• ImRubicon
    replied

Too true but do you really think thats where wingers come from LOL

Leave a comment:

• lqqk_out
    replied

Originally posted by Bluetick View Post
    I believe there are several states and I think all of Canada where it's illegal to have speakers in the helmet. I remember having a card that showed all the state helmet laws and also other things like speakers in helmets...
    Garmin just released a new motorcycle GPS unit (Zumo 595LM), that alerts riders when they need to check state helmet laws, which I think is a pretty cool idea. I wonder if they even thought about adding an alert for the helmet speaker ordinances? I bet they could easily implement that. I'm going to query Garmin about it.

Press release

Leave a comment:

• privateer
    replied

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
    I think that is mostly in the past. A few states say one speaker only or for communication only.
    here is a site that lists the states http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx
    I've been riding with stereo helmet speakers (2) for about 10 years, been all over the place, nobody ever said a word. Know lots of guys who use ear buds, some of which block off more outside sounds than actual speakers.

Looking at the state map, most of the ones I clicked on say "No restrictions" which is good. Of course California is going to be messed up, just look at it. Heh.

In Maryland the law says "Not prohibited" which is Maryland-speak for "unless we decide to punish you for it".

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied

Originally posted by Bluetick View Post
    I believe there are several states and I think all of Canada where it's illegal to have speakers in the helmet. I remember having a card that showed all the state helmet laws and also other things like speakers in helmets...
    here is a site that lists the states http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Bluetick
    replied

Originally posted by privateer View Post
    But I still know Harley riders who just have to blast music through the speakers. I guess they don't want to have helmet speakers or something.

Leave a comment:

• Ironheadziggy76
    replied

I'm not wearing leather much anymore , I have an old 'old style' leather jacket like the motor cops used to wear , that I wear when it's cool outside , I have chaps that I rarely wear , and I love my headset , music is kind of tinny sounding , but I didn't buy the bike for the radio ..

I am actually a bit beyond 45 years as well , that year , 1971 was my first street bike , rode dirt bikes for a few years before that , before I cud get a street license .. Funny thing is , that wasn't too long ago was it ??
    Jack I have the same style of leather jacket but something must be wrong with my closet as my jacket seems to have shrunk a few sizes! They seem to be popular with women lately as I saw news reporters wearing them the other night.

Leave a comment:

• JacktheBagger
    replied

Originally posted by moodygne View Post
    You know what! I still get that same feeling when I mount the bike as I did then. You don't get that when you go in the car.
    Gary

I agree completely

Leave a comment:

• Crusty
    replied

Originally posted by moodygne View Post
    You know what! I still get that same feeling when I mount the bike as I did then. You don't get that when you go in the car.
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• moodygne
    replied

I'm not wearing leather much anymore , I have an old 'old style' leather jacket like the motor cops used to wear , that I wear when it's cool outside , I have chaps that I rarely wear , and I love my headset , music is kind of tinny sounding , but I didn't buy the bike for the radio ..

I am actually a bit beyond 45 years as well , that year , 1971 was my first street bike , rode dirt bikes for a few years before that , before I cud get a street license .. Funny thing is , that wasn't too long ago was it ??
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• JacktheBagger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• privateer
    replied

Hmmm I've been answering that question with "about 45 years" but my first riding started in 1966 on a panhead. So I'm old, too. LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X