No announcement yet.

Another non-riding winter begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another non-riding winter begins....

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
    5AM, 20F, and I just cranked up the smoker. Got friends coming over for brunch so am smoking a fatty for them.
    What is a fatty you say? This one happens to be beef, breakfast sausage, jalapeno chorizo sausage rolled around a filling of 3 different cheeses, 3 kinds of peppers, & onions then wrapped in bacon with a touch of dry rub on top just to make a good bark on it. Brunch will be about 11AM so stop on by

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17692[/ATTACH]
    If I wasn't going to work at 12 noon, and knew where you lived, my truck would force me to come down given the list of delectable items on the menu!
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Comment

That's worth leaving Australia and flying back to the States for. Unfortunately, I can't make it there in time.
      You can't put a price on Worthlessness.

Comment

I started putting the Kuryakyn hitch on my Tri Glide. They weren't kidding when they said it won't exactly fit the 2016. Up until about 2010 or so, the rear two cross frame members had just two holes each, with bolts already in them. From 2011 to 2013 or so they appear to have had four holes on the frame member closest to the front.

So Kuryakyn made the hitch kit for one of those.

My 2016 had two holes on the frame member closest to the front, but they look more like drain holes, and are not threaded, and anyway too large by far ..... didn't measure but they would take a really large diameter bolt.

I can still use the two bolt plates that slip into that cross member so the bolts have something to thread into, but can only use two of the bolts.

So... do I just leave it at two bolts, or drill the cross member so I can use all four? Or I could go to Fastenal and get higher grade bolts, which would help the just using two bolts option.
        Gypsy JR
        2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
        2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
        Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Comment

20160131_101359.jpg

I won't be riding for a couple months....

--
          Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X