Another non-riding winter begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another non-riding winter begins....

I could probably push and get some more riding in. I finally have, after losing 170 pounds, heated liners that fit me perfectly and do work very well.

But at heart I'm a warm weather rider, and really don't enjoy riding all bundled up and plugged in.

So the trike is now winterized. Full tank, StarTron in it, battery on float charger. Cover on it.

First reasonably warm day I will go over, pull the cover partly off, and put the air lift under it and get the tires up off the concrete. Not necessary but since I can, I will.

Was going to put the hitch in right away, but I want to see what kind of winter we end up with. Sometimes when there is a good bit of snow it is actually warmer than the kind of damp cold windy crap we are getting lately. To me, nothing worse than cold windy rainy. Much rather have snow.

Shouldn't take more than an afternoon to put the hitch on, and another one to hook the isolator and harness up to the canbus, and run the wiring to the socket mounted on the hitch. When I get to Monterey CA I'll have to put the round plug on my trailer's harness, since it has a flat plug on it now. Not sure how to get the wires hooked up right without trial and error, but have some docs like the wiring diagram Dale Coyner of OpenRoad Outfitters did for me when he put the wiring harness on my C14. So I know how the flat plug is wired, hopefully.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Re: Another non-riding winter begins....

Quit your crying. I have to put mine away in October (not many good riding days in October) and won't have it out till May.

--
    Gordon

Comment

And just in time for the new D3 season to start on Jan 15th
      Deb
      sigpic
      2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Originally posted by dkurfiss View Post
        And just in time for the new D3 season to start on Jan 15th
        Oh right, been seeing that on the launcher screen. Not really up on what it means, though.
        Gypsy JR

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
          Quit your crying. I have to put mine away in October (not many good riding days in October) and won't have it out till May.

--
          Gordon
          I'm surprised it has stayed so mild this long here. I remember other fall/winter times in the far past that were pretty much the same though. The current El NiƱo event is the strongest since 1950 according to NOAA, and the weather patterns we are seeing in the United States match up to it pretty closely.

Usually by Jan 1st my bike has been winterized for almost 3 months too.
          Gypsy JR

Comment

It sure has been a mild winter here in Southern Ontario. We are probably done riding now but rode Christmas eve, a short ride Christmas day, and also boxing day... then it rained lots and roads are too dirty(we live on a gravel road)... probably done till spring.
            Overnight Camping Available if we aren't away camping!

Comment

Originally posted by privateer View Post
              Oh right, been seeing that on the launcher screen. Not really up on what it means, though.
              D3 just ended Season 4 last night and will start Season 5 on Jan 15. What that means is you start a new toon from scratch that is Seasonal. You can only play it in season and only with other seasonal toons. You get additional benefits from playing in a Season like starting with Season 5 if you finish quests that they have set up when the season ends you get a new bank slot in non seasonal box. There is also a much better drop rate for gear in Season than in non season so you have better gear to play with.

Once a season ends your Season toon, all it's loot, it's experience, and $ becomes non seasonal so you can continue playing it if you want.

So starting 1/15 at 8PM Silver and I will begin building out Season 5 toons. You are welcome to join us if you want. The more in group, the more experience you obtain so leveling becomes easier. If you want to join us, you will most likely want to get Skype as we voice chat while we are playing
              Deb
              sigpic
              2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

I could probably push and get some more riding in. I finally have, after losing 170 pounds, heated liners that fit me perfectly and do work very well.
                A big congratulations on the weight loss! You've got to feel so much better I suspect. Forgive me if this has already been discussed & I missed it. But without our health everything else seems unimportant. The weather here is still very ride able. But I started some winter maintenance which isn't completed yet. Maybe by next year.

Comment

So starting 1/15 at 8PM Silver and I will begin building out Season 5 toons. You are welcome to join us if you want. The more in group, the more experience you obtain so leveling becomes easier. If you want to join us, you will most likely want to get Skype as we voice chat while we are playing
                  Sure, would love to play with you if my play times match up and I can keep up. Maybe I can roll a toon that meshes with the group well.
                  Gypsy JR

Comment

Oh and Teamspeak would be better for comms , integrates with game better
                    Gypsy JR

Comment

Oh and Teamspeak would be better for comms , integrates with game better
                      We tried TeamSpeak but neither of us like it as much as we do Skype or for larger groups Silver has a Ventrilo Server.
                      Deb
                      sigpic

Comment

I am rolling a crusader and he is rolling a wizard. He has not decided on cold or fire yet. The crusader will be either thorns or Roland depending on which gear drops best. We are pretty laid back so pick what you want to play. We have both done the hardcore raiding thing and don't have time enough for that any more so for us it's about fun.

We usually play from 8PM ET to 9 or 930 ET 4 or 5 nights a week depending on our schedule. If someone gets behind we just power level them the next time ...so pretty easy breezy
                        Deb
                        sigpic

Comment

We tried TeamSpeak but neither of us like it as much as we do Skype or for larger groups Silver has a Ventrilo Server.
                          I can do Vent, did that in WoW for years. My EVE corp uses teamspeak and I actually like it better. I'm not using Skype, though.
                          Gypsy JR

Comment

I can do Vent, did that in WoW for years. My EVE corp uses teamspeak and I actually like it better. I'm not using Skype, though.
                            Not an issue, we can do vent.
                            Deb
                            sigpic

Comment

D3 just ended Season 4 last night and will start Season 5 on Jan 15. What that means is you start a new toon from scratch that is Seasonal. You can only play it in season and only with other seasonal toons. You get additional benefits from playing in a Season like starting with Season 5 if you finish quests that they have set up when the season ends you get a new bank slot in non seasonal box. There is also a much better drop rate for gear in Season than in non season so you have better gear to play with.

Once a season ends your Season toon, all it's loot, it's experience, and $ becomes non seasonal so you can continue playing it if you want.

I want to use your Demon Hunter spec, where/how can I look it up please?
                              Gypsy JR

Comment

Working...
                              X