Marmot Tungston 3 tent any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marmot Tungston 3 tent any good

I went tent shopping the other day. At had both a guy from REI and another outdoor store tell me they liked the Marmot tents better than the Kelty.

At first I thought it was just salesman talk. But I thought if 2 different people said it, maybe the Marmot is a good tent.

So what's the verdict. As good as a Kelty??
    84 1200 Goldwing Interstate

Re: Marmot Tungston 3 tent any good

I don't have a Marmot tent but I have a Marmot sleeping bag which is first rate. Most of their gear is first quality and wear's well. Sierra Designs is a good option also. REI branded tents are great as well and you can't beat their warranty. Check Big Agnes as well for a complete comparison......................
    Adventure Before Dementia

Comment

I guess I didn't mention I all ready bought it. Got it on sale and an instant 25% off internet purchase and it was 20 miles from my house. So I had to go with the Marmot.

What really attracted me to the Marmot was as you can see in the first pic, is the last foot of the pole is bent. This allows for a more vertical sidewall. This is really beneficial to that Queen size air mattress in the background.

Comment

Nice pick. I do like bigger tents.

Good thing too is to try it out. If you don't like it take it back and get one that fits all your needs. REI is perfect for that.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie b View Post
          Nice pick. I do like bigger tents.

Good thing too is to try it out. If you don't like it take it back and get one that fits all your needs. REI is perfect for that.
          I like REI. But I didn't get this exact tent there.

Funny thing is I originally bought one from REI. But I got in trouble for buying it from my shopaholic sponsor. I really am a shopaholic. I have a serious problem. He made me take it back. It was $250 plus tax.

Then when I was allowed to buy the tent,,after paying my bills,,,lol,,,,I found the same tent online. I ended up saving $100. That's substantial. So it worked out good.

Comment

Working...
          X