Custom Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Seat

Looking for advice on custom seats. I would like to be able to ride all day in comfort. With the O.E.M. seat on my Ultra I get about 2hours of ride time before butt pain. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Custom Seat

Dewey, After watching the discussion on aftermarket seats for a long time, I think it might be easier to ask if anyone doesn't like their aftermarket seat.. Seems everyone loves their new seat much better than the stock one no matter which one they go with. I love my Corbin and so does my wife. It has over 70,000 miles on it and still feels great. I've heard good things about almost every popular aftermarket out there. Just grit your teeth when you see the prices, but it was probably the best investment I've made in my bike.
    RIDE TO LIVE !

sigpic

Comment

I liked my pillow top seat that was on my eglide, plan on getting on made for my ural.
      Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
      2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
      MOPH, American Legion, NRA
      IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
      sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
      sold 2005 Electra Glide
      sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
      sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
      sold 1970 Honda trail 70
      sold 1965 Honda 100

Comment

I replaced the stock seat on my Tiger mostly for my wife. We got a Russell Day Long saddle and it truly is a day long saddle. It's pretty ugly on the Tiger but sure works. I think my wife can ride longer than I can now. Pretty expensive.
        sigpic Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by wrchael414 View Post
          I replaced the stock seat on my Tiger mostly for my wife. We got a Russell Day Long saddle and it truly is a day long saddle. It's pretty ugly on the Tiger but sure works. I think my wife can ride longer than I can now. Pretty expensive.
          +1. I don't know of anyone who has a Russell that does not like it. I am saving my pennies for one now.
          Deb
          sigpic
          2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey View Post
            Looking for advice on custom seats. I would like to be able to ride all day in comfort. With the O.E.M. seat on my Ultra I get about 2hours of ride time before butt pain. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
            Try using a sheepskin in the meantime until you figure out what you want
            Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
            Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
            "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
            sigpic

Comment

+1 on the sheepskin. Works great for hot and cold.

Comment

Or an Airhawk. Those who use them love them too.

I am another that LOVED the Russell. Had one on my Honda and it was truly more comfortable than the seat in my car (Honda Element).

But, you can do as well cheaper IF there is a local who can work on motorcycle seats. It is not rocket science, but, they guy needs to know what you want. Do not go to a chopper or cafe seat builder. I have done my own, but, it takes me a few tries to get it right.

Comment

A good friend of mine was recently allowed to sit on my bike … briefly. Had had ridden wings for many years and was surprised at how comfortable the Saddlemen Road Sofa was. It’s been on the bike nearly 20 years and 96,000 miles, and it’s still comfortable enough for 800 mile days.

Should be; for the $1000 price tag. But it was built for my weight (which is now a little more) and my inseam, (which is a little less).

The primary function of the original equipment seat is to look good and feel good in the showroom.

Fill
                  ’94 GL 1500 SE Extras: SIRUS Satellite Radio, Garmin GPS, SADDLEMAN Road Sofa and Touring Luggage, Touring Floodlights, Multiple Deer Whistles.
                  Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)

Comment

Dewey, I have an Airhawk I used with the stock seat and it helped a lot. I'm not using it anymore if you'd like to try it.

Bill
                    sigpic Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Comment

Google " Mean city cycles " They will take your seat and rebuild it !
                      2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
                      ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
                      The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by dan1551 View Post
                        Google " Mean city cycles " They will take your seat and rebuild it !
                        +1 for Mean City Cycles. Last year my seat was starting to bother me on long days. I think the foam was just getting flat on it. Sent it in and had them do the double memory foam on it and make a little more clearance for the adjustable drivers back rest and to move me back a little and it's back to "just right" again. They'll reshape or narrow, move you forward or back, whatever you like.

A lot more reasonable than a new seat that may or may not fit your tushy. Especially if you "might" be looking at a different ride........
                        Randy
                        2009 Road King 2014 Mini Mate sold
                        2016 Road Glide Ultra
                        2017 Aspen Classic

Comment

Corbin on all of my bikes, past and present.
                          sigpic
                          2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
                          06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Comment

Seat beads worked surprisingly well for me when my OEM Goldwing seat wasn't cutting it. I still like them in the summer because they help defeat monkey butt as well as being comfy and cheap, but they are a bit chilly in the winter. Mine were Beadrider but you can make do with Walmart.

I eventually got a WingSoft seat, mainly for the cooler temps but also to adjust my seating position for being tall. It has worked well for me and was a bit more economical than a Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by trikerdan View Post
                              Dewey, After watching the discussion on aftermarket seats for a long time, I think it might be easier to ask if anyone doesn't like their aftermarket seat.. Seems everyone loves their new seat much better than the stock one no matter which one they go with. I love my Corbin and so does my wife. It has over 70,000 miles on it and still feels great. I've heard good things about almost every popular aftermarket out there. Just grit your teeth when you see the prices, but it was probably the best investment I've made in my bike.
                              That is a very good idea what did you not like about your custom seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X