Sunday Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Ride

Six of us got together yesterday for a little ride around central and eastern Kentucky...every time I ride in this part of the State I continue to be impressed by the quality of the roads and the beauty of the country. Am inspired by both the beauty and the smells of the fresh country air. Left Clarkson about 8:30 AM, headed east to Somerset, stopping a couple of times just because the ladies felt the need...then on up to Danville for a late lunch. Danville is a beautiful little city and one of the oldest in the State...lot of historical markers commemorating different events important to the area as well as people involved in these events. And we found out also that Centre College was having its graduation as well...LOT of traffic and people walking around, a lot in caps and gowns...dead giveaway.

From Danville we headed for Bardstown...for our required "ice-cream" fix, before turning for home. A total of almost 300 miles and about 9 hours...beautiful weather, great friends and a great ride. Took several pics, but were of the typical highway scenery seen in many others posted, none of any specific interest. Am in the process of posting the ride map...

https://goo.gl/maps/cRxXO

Re: Sunday Ride

Don't know why but I love going down the Trace thru LBL!...just something about that area...
    sigpic

Comment

Be out that way next week
      www.k9carriage.com

Comment

I love riding in Kentucky. Go almost every year,,
        RIDE TO LIVE !

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great loop Marty!
          Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
            Looks like a great loop Marty!
            Be a great part of the State to visit and throw up a tent for a few days....Maybe after the Chillout?? Opps--forgot about your Alaska run...

Comment

Nice loop I want to give that a try, With tent.
              Gary
              sigpic
              Darkside # 751
              May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
              2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Comment

Originally posted by mailman01 View Post
                Be a great part of the State to visit and throw up a tent for a few days....Maybe after the Chillout?? Opps--forgot about your Alaska run...
                Maybe this fall when I get back. How late do they stay open?
                Last edited by Ironheadziggy76; 05-28-2015, 11:41 AM. Reason: I can't type on a phone!
                Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

Maybe this fall when. I get back. How late do they. Stay open?
                  Steve, looks like most of the NFS campgrounds in the area stay open till about 2 November...COE close in early Oct.

Comment

Sounds good Marty.
                    Steve

Comment

I also like the Ky. area Danville is the place I start the 600 mile yard sale on Highway 127, first weekend in Aug.
                      I have then rode south. Love the area and the country side. I always pull the 55 trailer and buy small stuff.
                      Fun times you should try it sometime.

Buttset from Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by buttset View Post
                        I also like the Ky. area Danville is the place I start the 600 mile yard sale on Highway 127, first weekend in Aug.
                        I have then rode south. Love the area and the country side. I always pull the 55 trailer and buy small stuff.
                        Fun times you should try it sometime.

Buttset from Mo.
                        Always wanted to checkout that yard sale...but I can only imagine the frustration that must be caused to the regular driver that is on Hwy 127 with plans to get from point A to point B after he pulls in behind granny shopper doing about 25mph looking for the next yard sale...but for the lover of yard sales, this is hog heaven...

Comment

Originally posted by mailman01 View Post
                          Steve, looks like most of the NFS campgrounds in the area stay open till about 2 November...COE close in early Oct.
                          Marty, I would love to sneak out for a fall camp. If not this fall maybe early spring. I get the feeling if I mention camping again after returning from AK I may get a skillet upside the head! As you can tell from my other messages I'm not too swift typing on a cell phone!
                          Steve

Comment

Marty, I would love to sneak out for a fall camp. If not this fall maybe early spring. I get the feeling if I mention camping again after returning from AK I may get a skillet upside the head! As you can tell from my other messages I'm not too swift typing on a cell phone!
                            I do not like typing on anything without a keyboard...don't even have texting on my phone. Think I am about the only person in this part of the State that does not text.

We can look for an open timeframe towards the Fall and maybe someplace down your way around the LBL area...or ...the other side of the State. But, could understand how the Alaska trip might put a little crimp on later get-aways. We'll play it by ear.

Week from today...head towards the Chillout.

Comment

Working...
                            X