Initial Brake Controller setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Brake Controller setup

My questions pertains to the Prodigy P2 proportional controller used in conjunction with an Aspen camper.

Finally have the brake controller mounted and wired and now need to work my way thru the adjustment process. Hoping for some insight into the set up process.
    If anyone uses the Prodigy, I have a few questions you might be able to help me with.

- What settings would be a good starting point? The directions say to start out at a power level of 6, but doesn’t indicate the boost setting.
    - Probably obvious, but should I be setting it up using an empty trailer, or loaded?
    - Just so I have an idea, what setting did you settle on?
    (realizing there’ many variables)

Thought of another issue. This is a new trailer, and per Dexter's manual, requires the brake shoes to be broken in. Would this process require any increase setting during the brake in period versus normal operating conditions?
    THanks

Re: Initial Brake Controller setup

Randy .... I'd try it at 6, with the camper empty, or at least near empty. Make a few stops to get used to the feel and then adjust up, or down as needed after a few more aggressive stops in an empty parking lot at around 25-40 MPH. (this will also Help seat the new brake shoes)
    When loaded, try it on B1, or if needed, B2
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Initial Brake Controller setup

Thanks Ken, on my agenda tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X