Solo camping - amusing blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo camping - amusing blog

I enjoy camping alone. It is nice to have companionship as well, but I find the experience much more rewarding if I am just out camping and practicing self care. I like exploring the geography of the area and the recesses of my mind without interruption.
    sigpic
    2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Comment

It's a good thing to have that "Buddy System".
      Never know when, where, how or why problems arise and you need help.
      Both Smith & Wesson has been a buddy to a lot of folks over the centuries.
      Never mind the ROCKS
      LET'S ROLL!

When was the last time you tasted your oil?

Comment

I never mind being alone. I have went in a canoe camping solo too! Might not be wise.
        I liked floating down a river and camping on a gravel bar. Running water, fire, tent, I like
        it all. Did 56 miles once, for 3 nights camping. Mo. has 2500 miles of floatable water.
        I ride solo, but I'm older and motel it most times. Now I bought a Mini Mate, I want to try
        camping again.
        Once a few years ago, I rode my GW Trike on the 600 mile Yard Sale, in Ky, Ten., Al. Highway 127.
        Each Aug. I started at Danville, Ky. south. I had fun and saw a horse making Ice Cream, ask me
        about it somtime. LOL I camped in a Ky. State Park. Timberline 4-Man tent. So my cooler had a
        storeage, space with a lid on top. So I put my flip phone there, went to sleep. Woke up wondered what
        time it was, got the cell out. 3AM sleepy, I rasied the real lid and threw, my cell into the ice water. Shocked
        I grabbed it, shook it, opened, the back, set it on cloth. Next morning, I tried it, it worked, screen looked fuzzy.
        So rode on and bought a Black, and Silver show Saddle, $100. Man said his Teenager Girl's horse, got struck
        by lightning, died, so he sold it to me. LOL I like western stuff. So rode to Gattlinburg to meet my family, on
        vacation in a Log Cabin. Cabins in a horseshoe with Pool in the Middle. Next monrning, I said going to the pool,
        taking my cell, call if your going to lunch. So rode the trike, down to the pool. Walked into the water, and I
        Feel a buzzzzzzz. Cell is in my pocket. %&*#@ are you kidding. took it to the bedroom, shook it, laid it out.
        Next Am, put it back together, it worked. I could not believe it,,....
        So I put on my Bike Shirt, Dew Rag, Sun Glasses. I walked out to the kitchen, all the family, also wife's sisters
        kids. I rasied my hand, said LORD HEAL THIS PHONE, I GOT CALL TO MAKE, PEOPLE TO TALK TOO.
        Then I showed them it worked, they could not believe, I put in water, two times in three days, and it still worked.

I must have been living right. Used it two more years, till I upgraded. Now there could have been a ghost in that tent,
        now that I think out it. )))OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(((((((((((.

Buttset from Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
          I enjoy camping alone. It is nice to have companionship as well, but I find the experience much more rewarding if I am just out camping and practicing self care. I like exploring the geography of the area and the recesses of my mind without interruption.
          Just be sure to keep an eye out for dead cow carcasses

Reminds me of a time I was riding down toward Arkansas and saw a couple of dead carcasses (is there any other kind???) on the side of the road. A cow and an armadillo, both blown up to about twice the non carcass size (hot summer sun). What if the stream of body fluid came my way. Not a pretty thought! Glad it was just a thought
          Last edited by lytle1gw; 05-18-2015, 11:11 AM. Reason: gun related
          sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

My daughter drowned a couple of phones, but no joy. Never came back to life. Tried the warm oven trick. It came on, but stayed pretty well comatose.
            sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

HAHAHA!! These r pretty funny! I love camping solo! Most of my camping has been solo..I find it head clearing and never feel alone..lots to listen to, see, watch, meet new peeps sometimes,and occasionally run into those funny scenarios to remember for a lifetime!P1012053.jpgAwesome car and awesome passengers along M-22 in Suttons Bay!
              sigpic

Comment

I always camp and travel alone. With conflicting schedules the Wife and I rarely get to vacation together. So solo I go, and rather prefer it to groups. I'm a State/National Park's camper and your never really alone in the parks.
                Adventure Before Dementia

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd View Post
                  It's a good thing to have that "Buddy System".
                  Never know when, where, how or why problems arise and you need help.
                  Both Smith & Wesson has been a buddy to a lot of folks over the centuries.
                  Only problem is that they're not welcome (legal) in all states. A two foot piece of pipe is though...

Floyd, what brand bike are you riding? I'm thinking of going Dark Side next time.
                  2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
                  ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
                  VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetick View Post
                    Only problem is that they're not welcome (legal) in all states. A two foot piece of pipe is though...

Floyd, what brand bike are you riding? I'm thinking of going Dark Side next time.
                    S&W is/was an old old cliche.
                    1991 Interstate 173K and all original except the timing belts at 121K.

Now that it's warm out, the HD'r are asking what tires are giving me such high miles. Strange, it's printed on the tires and makes me wonder what there real intent is.
                    __________________________________________________ _

I've been riding the last could days here and it seems like there's a different 'thing' in the air.
                    All I can say to EVERYONE on this website is do extra care to not be in a remote situation where you can not turn around to escape.
                    Last edited by lytle1gw; 05-18-2015, 11:14 AM.
                    Never mind the ROCKS
                    LET'S ROLL!

When was the last time you tasted your oil?

Comment

Working...
                    X