CPAP and tent camping....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPAP and tent camping....

There are a lot of campsites that charge quite a bit extra to have electricity vs non electric. I am supposed to use a CPAP to sleep and if I don't use one, I can really tell it the next day. Also, if I don't use one, boy do I snore. I even wake myself up sometimes . Feel bad for the people in the tents near me! I've thought about getting a battery unit for the cpap but there no cheap. Curious on what anyone else does that needs a cpap?

Re: CPAP and tent camping....

Just over a $100 bill you can get an 20ah 13.2v LiFe battery pack. Will run the CPAP (at least mine is 12v DC direct) all night (with humidifier even). The next day, put it into the saddlebag, plug it into the bike and let it charge while riding.

LiFe batteries have the advantge on LiIon in the numbe rof cycles they can do. A little larger in physical size, but long life and really compatible voltages.
    '05 ST1300 - 1987 TravelLite p'up, 1999 Roll-A-Home
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Comment

Hi Stepbill
      My friend users an inverter and hooked it up to his Jeep battery, started it up right off. That said previous post is a viable option, just wanted to say with a little investigation you should be able to find a way to use a battery and then let the bike charge it as you ride.
      Anti-gravity batteries are supposed to be smaller with the same output. Do a search here I think someone else put together a kit to run ther CPAP.
      Russ

Comment

There are quite a few threads on the use of a Cpap machine on this forum. Use the search function.

I have the Resonics battery backup for my Cpap. It works good and has both the 12v and the 120v charging options. It is good for 2 nights without the humidifier.
        sigpic
        2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
        06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Comment

I use a CPAP and MotoCamp. I carry a battery and charge from the bike.
          AGM Battery $55.95 I use a Respironics CPAP unit that can run on Ac or 12V battery power. I made a DIY power cable. The CPAP is set at a pressure of 12. Without the humidifier it draws .7 Amps. I can run 2 to 3 nights without a recharge. I carry the battery unit in a modified ammo can along with cables and an AC charger for land power when available.

UB12220 Battery - 12V 22Ah SLA by Universal Power.

I hook the Bike and CPAP batteries together with my battery tender connector. I isolate and charge the CPAP battery thru a VSR (Voltage Sensitive Relay) to protect the bike battery.Tthe CPAP battery can not draw down the bike battery.
          The Voltage Sensitive Relay (VSR) allows the two batteries to be charged at the same time. This system eliminates the possibility of draining the bike battery and protects the CPAP battery from engine start up spikes.

VSR is available online [/url] or at DelCity.

<b>Voltage Sensing Relay</b> - Single Charging System Voltage Sensing Relay - Single Charging System

It may sound complicated but in reality it is both inexpensive and simple.
          PM me for details if needed.
          Cheers,
          My life is a caricature of reality
          David C.
          Suzuki VStrom 650 - Sold, Current Ryde Can Am Spyder STS -" "
          Honda ST1300 - Sold, Suzuki Burgman 400 - RIP

Comment

Here's a link to a previous discussion on this subject along with "my solution".http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...r-minute/page3
            "Four Wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul"............Ride Safe 09 F800GS
            www.justcallmewhosoever.blogspot.com
            sigpic

Comment

Got this in an email from bestrest today and thought of this post.

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/c-18...m_medium=email
              04 BMW K1200LT - smooth efficient quiet power, sporty mile eater
              05 BMW F650GS single - does it all well, high speed cruising to rough dirt roads
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Enduro View Post
                Got this in an email from bestrest today and thought of this post.

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/c-18...m_medium=email

Remember advertising is sometimes misleading... in this casr the mah ratings. They are given at 5v (usb) lev3l, not the 12v 2e are accustomed too.

So the biggest jumpstarter there would run my cpap about 5 hours.
                '05 ST1300 - 1987 TravelLite p'up, 1999 Roll-A-Home
                While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Comment

Working...
                X