Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motocamper Events - Please Read............

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motocamper Events - Please Read............

Originally posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17167[/ATTACH]I will find out my vacation this week...then start to plan a West Virginia trip,via car BTW as I no longer have a bike, for now...I had to wait this long to find out when I can go..I still have to get my licence back so I can work and rent a car,etc...I will also know this week what is going on with that.. they can keep me off til next march, but \i have a feeling my doctor will help me to get my licence back.. base camp will be at Summersville,WV..camping,kayaking and a good start to rides around that area.. a fellow aero forum member lives in Thomas north of there and he said it was in the heart of some great riding.. he also has a saloon there, which I plan on stopping at...I will post dates soon and location info.. I picked WV as it has mountains and I heard it was pretty AND I found some flatter water so me and the kids can use the tandem kayak..the c/g can be checked out out here http://www.mountainlakecampground.com

The 1st pic is me, Woody and Lil G in the purple people eater tandem kayak and the next pic is of Woody afte rhe emerged from a too small burrow bag that is Lil G's..his hair or coat was more than tossled! He is a hoot!
    You and your furry friend sure know how to relax...great photos.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakinbiker View Post
      Me too! I am a bus driver and when I am on vaca, it is nice to just do what u want when u want, no clocks no schedules...just ride If u want and sit if u want!
      Me too. School bus, but my district starts early (middle of August) and ends early June, so I miss most all M&G, rallies, etc and by the time I am ready for a trip, it's hotter than Hades.
      sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

Over the years I have attended many events and still do. And like mention here some got to be too much work for those clubs and organizations that put them on and as a result they are no longer. Seems they tried too hard to get people to attend and out do the other clubs. The organized rides,meals,raffles, live bands, and so on. I still see some of the people from these clubs and ask about those events and are they ever going to happen again. Its always the same answer, no one wants to put in the time to make it happen. For me it use to be the ride but now its the destination. Once there I want to just hang out and enjoy the people and the day.

The way I'd like to see some of these events/runs is for a club to simply provide a place for many to come and campout. Charge a fair and moderate fee to cover the location with a little profit for the club. No organized rides if you want to ride its not a problem to get others to go, cook your own meals so others can see how others do it, no raffles, and no live music. Maybe supply firewood and a place to burn it and spend the evening with others.

If you want all the vendors and such attend one or two of the nationals. The BMW national is a really good one. There are still many BMW clubs that put on camping (BMW people like to camp) events and have for many many years. I still attend some of those. The ADV group also camp and don't seem to mine when we show up on Goldwings pulling trailers. ALWAYS a GREAT time. A lot of these events aren't even advertised anymore. From attending past events they email you an invite to make sure you know its coming up. My favorites are those being held on a holiday weekend it alway seems to guaranteed a place to go and camp on the weekends that are usually sold.

This time of the year is always a busy camping time for me and friends. Most aren't events just friends getting together. This weekend was Big Bear. Week after next is the Salton Sea (STOC), and New Years is out in the desert of San Diego at a place called Agua Caliente, BIG PARTY). And beginning next year many more trip before it gets hot again.
        Keith R.
        Sun City, SoCal
        05' Honda GoldWing
        AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

Comment

I have been to two Motocampers meets. The first one I ever went to, after arriving, my whole responsibility was ride one mile and get one package of cheese, (if I wanted to). How can you not love it??? Set around the campfire at night and do what you wanted to in the day. Some took I ride, We didn't... The second one we went to was the same way. I knew from day one these were my kind of people.
          RIDE TO LIVE !

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mailman01 View Post
            You and your furry friend sure know how to relax...great photos.
            Thanx and Lil G is also the lil dog in front of Woody in the kayak..click on the pics to get a better view...also the small framed pic in the background is a pic of me in a borrowed kayak in Rollins Pond in the Adirondacks.. I hooked up with a paddling.net friend for a paddle while I camped there on my way to Maine in 08, my 1st long bike trip out east...
            sigpic

Comment

For those that have not seen my post, I am a BMXZ licenced driver again! Contacting Blackwater Falls state park next week to book our cabin if able.. May have to wait til January as some places don't allow booking til the new year...we can use it for a central party/hookup location if u like..how's that for laid back? HAHA!! hey if y'all wanna party all over the park that's good too! HAHA!! Again, we will be coming via an suv type vehicle as I don't have a bike right now..just checked and I have 15% of my goal saved up for it!
              sigpic

Comment

Rider wear house has been doing a ( Very Boring Rally ) In Duluth mn , it's so laid back it happens only 3 years apart. Held in conjunction with a great AMA trials event. Lots of speakers ONE vendor. To watch a motorcycle jump from bolder to bolder is impressive. Lots of camping and great views of the harbor. J
                KISS sigpic

Comment

Some us who are privileged to be retired,,, can relate to the days of the schedules of worthless meetings and such... I like the informal latitudes where I can plan my own day and if others fit in that plan,,, that's great or join another ride or so... It is relaxing and I have not met any strangers yet... Well,,, some a bit strange... I just praise God he has given me the strength to ride and to camp...

Russ

Comment

Working...
                  X