cowans gap camp out may 13,14,15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowans gap camp out may 13,14,15

i contacted the park and it will be open this spring,april first.i want to hear from those attending as to what site area you like from site 2 to 29 and site 3 to 30 or both. it was advised to me to make reservations early.i think i had site 21 last year.i remember it very well as i had fell down its steep bank i will have a bigger chair this year.also;i plan to keep my tent.
    ok,there it is.first camp out of the year for me.and many of you,i hope.
    TURTLE, HE'S GOT SLOWER BUT NOT MUCH.
    TURTLE

I thought, it would be may 19,20,21: the 3rd week in may?? Week before memorial day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by medwood View Post
      I thought, it would be may 19,20,21: the 3rd week in may?? Week before memorial day weekend.
      yes,you are correct.but may 19 is on a THURSDAY SO IT WILL BE MAY 20,21 AND 22.unless we want it to be a four day event.
      LURAY
      TURTLE

Comment

May 19, is Thursday, my mistake. Camp out, is 3rd weekend in May.

Comment

Originally posted by medwood View Post
          may 19, is thursday, my mistake. Camp out, is 3rd weekend in may.
          i will be there the 19th thru sat.night as a couple have done that.the date of the campout is may 20 ,21 and 22 get away day.i.m asking for sun shine and good temps.
          TURTLE

Comment

I just made reservations for site 6. For the 3 nights 19,20 and21.site 21 was not available.some one had it for five nights.i will say again.make your reservations now.the lady said she has about 12 sites open in that area of site 1 to 29 and more in site 3 t0 30 the number to call is 888-727-2757 we are in area -a
            TURTLE

Comment

MarySue and I will be there Site 166 area A. Shower house distance was a factor. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Comment

ok,good, we have a start.i would like to change the dates up at the beginning but don't know how.can some one in the know do it?
                TURTLE

Comment

Phone # for campground office 717-485-3948. Changed Spot to Site7 next to LuRay. LuRay just ad your camp out to the events calender with the correct dates.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerD View Post
                    Phone # for campground office 717-485-3948. Changed Spot to Site7 next to LuRay. LuRay just ad your camp out to the events calender with the correct dates.
                    ok,good to have you next door.now i won't have to walk so far to have MARY SUE'S GREAT FOOD.
                    LURAY
                    TURTLE

Comment

We will make reservations. FarmerD is at site 7 area A, so we will see about getting somewhere in there too. Written on the calendar.....May 20, 21, 22.
                      2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
                      ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
                      VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Comment

Originally posted by bluetick View Post
                        we will make reservations. Farmerd is at site 7 area a, so we will see about getting somewhere in there too. Written on the calendar.....may 20, 21, 22.
                        great,hop\e you get in there close
                        TURTLE

Comment

I have reserved site #14 for 19-21. See you all there.
                          1979 Wil-mac trike..."Wilma", '83 goldwing Aspencade
                          Teardrop cargo trailer, 04 LL "cycle" model, 08 FXSTC, '76 cb550f

Comment

Originally posted by kerryb View Post
                            I have reserved site #14 for 19-21. See you all there.
                            Good,the gang is growing,come on the rest of you and you new comers.Brush the dust off the camping gear and come May head for Cowans gap. I don't want anyone to miss out on getting a site.
                            I plan to ride up and have a look.Something to do that's more uplifting than house work.
                            TURTLE
                            TURTLE

Comment

I'm getting anxious, does anyone know a good anti-rain dance? Ii want to bring the trike, but it's a fairweather vehicle.
                              1979 Wil-mac trike..."Wilma", '83 goldwing Aspencade
                              Teardrop cargo trailer, 04 LL "cycle" model, 08 FXSTC, '76 cb550f

Comment

Working...
                              X