• Show
Clear All

getting closer. Looks like 11 so far . See everybody at camp
    sigpic

Comment

Been a long,long time .will be there .
      TURTLE

Comment

Price of camping has gone up! Just made reservations (online), they were $58 for two nights. Haven't made a trip up there to see how it looks for the camp-out.
        2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
        ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
        VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Comment

Yes prices went up!
          Went up in July due to every other Campground being booked solid from everyone buying Rvs with all the covid money. We were one of four other site's there boy was it quiet and relaxing. Same Campground hosts as last year.
          Nothing else changed.
          Loleta rd. Was tar and chipped a few days earlier. But that is pendots claim to fame destroying roads with salt brine, digging pore drainage along road, and tar and chipping.
          Not sure if I will make it this year ? Will try since next planned campout may get halted by hurricane?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetick View Post
            Price of camping has gone up! Just made reservations (online), they were $58 for two nights. Haven't made a trip up there to see how it looks for the camp-out.
            we now have to make reservations .who was that who said just come and pick a spot ?
            TURTLE

Comment

Site reserved. See you there.

Comment

didnt know we had to make reservations. guess I will take my chances.

Comment

just made my reservations for the usual site (30) See you there.
                  1979 Wil-mac trike..."Wilma", '83 goldwing Aspencade
                  Teardrop cargo trailer, 04 LL "cycle" model, 08 FXSTC, '76 cb550f

Comment

every site is reserved.a few are first come.will take my chance with them.if not will keep going on to IND.TO VISIT MY BROTHER.
                    LURAY
                    TURTLE

Comment

Originally posted by LURAY View Post
                      every site is reserved.a few are first come.will take my chance with them.if not will keep going on to IND.TO VISIT MY BROTHER.
                      LURAY
                      You can go on to visit your brother on Sunday, we WILL be keeping you at Loleta for the weekend! Someone has to entertain Bluetick and you are just the guy for it!. See you this week.

Comment

There will be enough room for anybody that shows up.see you at camp
                        sigpic

Comment

i won't know for sure until Friday morning.
                          LuRay
                          TURTLE

Comment

Always room for another camper on the sites. They don't get too excited of more then one is set up on a site.
                            2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
                            ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
                            VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Comment

Well, I hate to disappoint all of my camping fans but I will not be going to Loleta this weekend. I was loading my wife's wheelchair seat into the trunk of the car and twisted wrong and I now have a herniated disc in my lower back. I went in for an MRI on my lower back and they found a bulging disc at L-5,w which is the first vertebrae above the hip. Anyway I can barely walk and am taking pain meds like candy. Needless to say, I can't even get my leg over the seat of my bike. I'm looking for a surgery center that will do the operation as my orthopedic surgeon does not want me to go to the hospital due the Delta variant and all my other health concerns. He thinks it would be too dangerous to spend more than a couple of hours there and I may have to spend a couple of days depending on how well the operation goes. Then last Monday, I fell on the stairs at home and tried to catch myself with one hand on the railing and that worked but I twisted my left shoulder and and now have a torn rotator cuff. I cannot lift my arm up past my shoulder. Waiting for the MRI report now.
                              I was looking forward to seeing everyone at Loleta but it won't be this year. I hope everyone has a great time and you have good weather. My bike riding is over for this year.

Jim
                              Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Comment

That's terrible JC! Sorry to hear you are falling apart again, we will miss you this year. Keep us posred on your recovery progress. My brother in law went through the disc surgery last year and he is doing fine now.

Comment

Working...
                                X