2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

The campout was good fun. Klipchuck is a nice camp. It is cooler than nearby Winthrop. Thanks to our host.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick B View Post
      Well I won't make it on Friday as I had planned. My work is taking me to Southern California that week and I won't be home in time to leave on Friday. I do still plan on being there Saturday unless something else decides to get in the way.
      Well those that made it know that I didn't. My SOCAL trip was a trip from He!!. Delayed a day and the two delayed flights didn't get me home until Saturday. Too late to ride the 5 hours to the campout. I hope it was a good one and will continue, as I really looked forward to it.
      Does anyone have any pictures yet?
      Rick B
      NE Oregon
      Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
      Patriot Guard Riderssigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
        Thank you to all the people that attended the campout. Definitely better weather than last year. But Saturday still sucked due to the fires. Heather and I met some wonderful new faces this year, and can hardly wait for next month's gathering in Douglas.
        Quadzilla, where is this Douglas you talk about?
        Rick B
        NE Oregon

Comment

Sorry I missed out on meeting you folks. I passed through the area earlier in the week and was getting anxious to get home. Another time I hope.

Comment

Rick; I think the campout is by IBMC, or UMCI. Several people from last years North Cascades campout, as well as this years event are planning on attending the Douglas gathering.

Dennis

Comment

We had a great showing at the 2019 3rd Annual North Cascades Campout. 13 people attended and a great time was had by all. This time we held it at Loup Loup Campground, and there wasn't any smoke in the area. Also the temps were much more to our liking. A nice breeze kept it cool during most hours of the day. A moose and her young calves was spotted on Sunday very close to mile marker 114 on the way out.
              20190803_072548.jpg

Comment

A better view of the event: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6We8exuQHCXkTcpL6

Comment

Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
                  We had a great showing at the 2019 3rd Annual North Cascades Campout. 13 people attended and a great time was had by all. This time we held it at Loup Loup Campground, and there wasn't any smoke in the area. Also the temps were much more to our liking. A nice breeze kept it cool during most hours of the day. A moose and her young calves was spotted on Sunday very close to mile marker 114 on the way out.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]23276[/ATTACH]
                  So where was the announcement for the 2019 event? I would have been there had I known about it.
                  Rick B
                  NE Oregon

Comment

I submitted it here back in Dec 2018. Apparently there was some sort of shake-up and it got lost in the mix. The former owner of this site never posted it or contacted me, so I posted it on IBMC.

Comment

I missed this one too, I was hoping to at least make it for a day just too visit. If you have one next year hopefully I will be able to catch it and if my health improves I will be camping.
                      Pete
                      2010 Goldwing, 2012 Aspen Sentry

There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met!

Comment

Pete, I think I remember you. You came to a chillout a few years ago. Nice to see that you are still kicking. I was looking at some of the pictures from it and your white wing was in a few of them.

Richard

Comment

Working...
                        X