Hocking Hills state park campout,Oct.15-17 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hocking Hills state park campout,Oct.15-17 2018

Hey Jim! U will be happy to know I dug my headlamp out and got it working! Never really used it but I cant risk anymore falls! Going camping in Ontario.. Woohoo!
    sigpic

Comment

LOL! That means I don't have to bring a third headlamp to let you use. I usually carry one spare with me.

Jim
      Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Comment

bumping this back up here to keep it current..i cant say enough about this gorgeous area for any activity u might like! even shopping is awesome in Logan for the size of it! and the wind chime store is a must see! I am going back to get more stuff from there!
        sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to this Linda! I'm taking that entire week off so I "May" shadow you to BlackWater. We'll see how things work out. If the old Honda Interstate is running like a kitten (it usually is. Those 82 GL-500 twisted V engines are so amazing) and if I am up to that ride, I'd not mind tagging along for the whole deal. Weather may play into this. If it turns out it's going to be a calm and beautiful week (and it may that time of year), I may have no choice but to follow you to West Virginia.

But first Hocking Hills! Yahoo!

-3Sport (Billy)
          Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing
          sigpic
          "He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Comment

we had perfect weather all week last year! I had no rain and 1 nite it was a lil cooler at blackwater but I was warm with the 2 hairy kids piled on me! given my problems this year I am really looking forward to it too!
            sigpic

Comment

Let's hope for the best, Linda. The only weather (other than ICE) that I do not ride in is torrential rain. I got caught riding from Florida to Ohio during a hurricane that followed me north and I was riding part of the way in 2" of standing water on I-75 with torrential rain and 40 mph winds, so those days are over. If it's going to pour, I'm in a car. Otherwise, I'll be on the bike. Either way, I'll be there!

Speaking of ICE, I actually DID ride through an ICE storm in Northern Michigan once. Never again!
              Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing
              sigpic

Comment

well I wont be riding anymore...sorry to say but I think I have made the wisest decision and having a car again keeps me sane so I can still camp! and kayak and cart dogs easier..
                sigpic

Comment

bumping this 1 up again also...a Monday to Thursday morning campout..then leaving for blackwater fall s p Thursday morning...
                  sigpic

Comment

thinking of making some bacon wrapped carrots for some dinner 1 night...might make those beans that George posted a recipe 4 too!
                    sigpic

Comment

Aloha Linda!

Getting closer now. I can smell that bacon!

I really hope it isn't a wash-out so I can go with you to BlackWater. That and the fact my work schedule has to jive with it. I can for sure make Hocking. Would like to do both... we'll see.

Mahalo!
                      sigpic

Comment

bumping up..
                        sigpic

Comment

I will not be going to Hocking Hills on Sunday as I have a partial tear of a knee ligament and damage to the meniscus. I tripped and fell while using my trim mower around the shrubs and trees and twisted my knee. Ortho Dr. said no long distance walking allowed and not even sure I can ride the bike. Will try later today to see how it goes. Also, my wife needs an eye operation, which has been scheduled for Monday morning and I need to be there.

I am still planning on attending Blackwater Falls campout on Thursday. I am going to rest the leg as much as possible between now and Thursday morning.

Jim
                          Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Comment

not a good injury to have Jim..take care and do what u have to to get better..hope the cool air does not affect it if u r riding to WV..
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X