Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 MO Campfire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: 2018 MO Campfire

    See you at both events, then!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: 2018 MO Campfire

      Reluctantly I may have to miss this year. Can't say for a 100% certainty, but house hunting is taking much longer then we expected.. Joyce has only been down here a week, and although there's many homes for sale, we're being very selective. Needless to say, its not looking favorable for our September scheduling.

      This doesn't mean the campout won't be as good as years past, just means if you want biscuits and gravy Saturday morning, someone else will probably need to bring it.
      Jeff still does extremely well with the eggs and potatoes.

      Trust me, if I can be there I will.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: 2018 MO Campfire

        I'm not committed to this yet, but should we consider changing it to a week later? That way we might be able to be closer to the river. The area we have now is a long ways from the river and the store (maybe showers too). If this is out of line, just say so and I'll shut up.


        Richard

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: 2018 MO Campfire

          Originally posted by snowclem View Post
          I'm not committed to this yet, but should we consider changing it to a week later? That way we might be able to be closer to the river. The area we have now is a long ways from the river and the store (maybe showers too). If this is out of line, just say so and I'll shut up.


          Richard
          The area that was selected for this year is no further away from the store/showers then the previous years. It's slightly further from river access, but only a hundred feet or so. The reason for the move has nothing to do with the time frame. It was to get us away from the traffic and dust that it brought. Plus, theres a lot more shade.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: 2018 MO Campfire

            Originally posted by RJ-97 View Post
            Reluctantly I may have to miss this year. Can't say for a 100% certainty, but house hunting is taking much longer then we expected.. Joyce has only been down here a week, and although there's many homes for sale, we're being very selective. Needless to say, its not looking favorable for our September scheduling.

            This doesn't mean the campout won't be as good as years past, just means if you want biscuits and gravy Saturday morning, someone else will probably need to bring it.
            Jeff still does extremely well with the eggs and potatoes.

            Trust me, if I can be there I will.
            Sorry that you and Joyce may not make it this year. I’ll do my best to fill
            those hungry campers.
            sigpic
            Jeff
            2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: 2018 MO Campfire

              Deb and I will be there with our camp oven so we will be making cinnamon rolls again. Anything else we can do we will.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                Randy, Thanks for the message. I responded but don't think you got it. Needless to say my computer skill are lacking. Good luck with the house hunting, and it goes without saying, we all hope to see both of you at the Camp Fire.
                Jay

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                  Originally posted by jay View Post
                  Randy, Thanks for the message. I responded but don't think you got it. Needless to say my computer skill are lacking. Good luck with the house hunting, and it goes without saying, we all hope to see both of you at the Camp Fire.
                  Jay
                  Thanks Jay, got the PM.
                  Good news is we wrote a contract on a house the other night, with a closing date on or before Aug 31st. September will be another hectic month getting everything moved down. But, it shouldn't take long as we intend to do everything quickly as possible. If it all goes according to plan, we'll make it to the campout.

                  As to others out there contemplating the decision. It's a month and a half away. Consider making it too, don't think you'll regret it

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                    This sounds like fun...so other than a can of chili what else do we need to bring as far as food...any other potlucks planned?
                    2008 Honda GoldWing 1800
                    2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 1988 Honda GoldWing 1500
                    12 Aspen Classic camper and 12 Mini Mate 05 Neosho cargo trailer
                    Phillippians 4:13

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                      Originally posted by bikergal View Post
                      This sounds like fun...so other than a can of chili what else do we need to bring as far as food...any other potlucks planned?
                      There’s a grocery store 15 min. away and the campstore has basics like sandwiches, pizza, beer,
                      soda etc. You can work the food needs out when you get there.
                      sigpic
                      Jeff
                      2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                        We are starting our 2 week vacation with the Mo Campfire.....We have site 524 next to Gailforce...We will be in our travel trailer on our way to WV (the long way)...Looking forward to seeing everyone....
                        RIDE TO LIVE !

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                          Originally posted by Dusty Boots View Post
                          See you at both events, then!
                          Unfortunately, I've had to bow out of this and the IL M&G the weekend before in order to attend my Aunt's Celebration of Life (who passed recently) in central ON Sept 15.
                          Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
                          Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
                          "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                            Originally posted by Dusty Boots View Post
                            Unfortunately, I've had to bow out of this and the IL M&G the weekend before in order to attend my Aunt's Celebration of Life (who passed recently) in central ON Sept 15.
                            Sorry for your loss Dusty. I’ve attended a Celabration of Life instead of the
                            traditional services. I like it much better.

                            Perhaps we’ll see you next year.
                            sigpic
                            Jeff
                            2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                              Drone video of Bass River Resort

                              https://youtu.be/OMXK1gfZQBY

                              Ken

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: 2018 MO Campfire

                                Ken. Sorry for your loss.
                                Also sorry we won't get to see you this year. Your presence will be missed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X