Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Date for the 9th Annual Cherohala Chill Out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Date for the 9th Annual Cherohala Chill Out.

Sorry I missed it this year, but it's a three day ride each way for me. Not mere hours like many of you. Guess I'm getting too old for the BIG trips.
    sigpicAspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Comment

Deb and I stopped in Madison IN Sun. night cause of rain. got a good meal and a good night sleep. Then pushed out at 6:45 this morning for the last 425 miles almost all in a light rain. We need to get so new rain gear, any suggestions? I was wet from chin to belt. Both of us felt like we were sitting in a puddle.lol Home safe and laundry now in the washer. Also need to replace the weather seal around the lower storage on the new RAH. The hard rain around Lexington pushed water in to soak our pillows and clothes, at least a couple gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by almosthere View Post
        Deb and I stopped in Madison IN Sun. night cause of rain. got a good meal and a good night sleep. Then pushed out at 6:45 this morning for the last 425 miles almost all in a light rain. We need to get so new rain gear, any suggestions? I was wet from chin to belt. Both of us felt like we were sitting in a puddle.lol Home safe and laundry now in the washer. Also need to replace the weather seal around the lower storage on the new RAH. The hard rain around Lexington pushed water in to soak our pillows and clothes, at least a couple gallons.
        I have been pretty darn happy with the Olympia rain gear found at https://olympiamotosports.com
        Deb
        sigpic
        2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Comment

Home in Illinois after spending the night with some old friends ! Had. A great time as always!
          2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
          ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
          The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by almosthere View Post
            Rob I’ve been well pleased with my Firstgear rain suit, it’s lightweight unlike my other Nelson Rigg suit that was good for cooler weather. Another option I got to try by accident was Harley Davidson’s premium rain gear. I was riding my cousin’s bike and I came out of a hospital into their parking structure and it was dumping buckets. Luckily cuz is my size and I stayed bone dry in a frog strangler. My cousin didn’t see the humor when I told him that since it was a Harley suit I figured it would leak!
            Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by dan1551 View Post
              Home in Illinois after spending the night with some old friends ! Had. A great time as always!
              Good yesterday was not pretty in Illinois.

Comment

Made it home today, encountering a few rogue showers on the ride home today.
                Is it time for the next Chill Out yet??
                Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
                Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
                "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
                sigpic

Comment

If next year's Chill Out is on the last weekend of June It could be our jumping off point for our 2 year journey around the USA. That would be a GREAT sending off party for Deb and I. ???????

Comment

Working...
                  X